Fixtures 2018

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

Fixtures 2018

November 19th, 2017, 10:52 pm #1

County Fixtures out November 28 and 29, with t20 Natwest Blast fixtures released Tuesday (the 28th) and other competitions out the very next day. Scarborough lovers can book up next Wednesday night once all the County Championship fixtures are announced!

Thanks, John. Much appreciated.

Alex, moderator

November 20th, 2017, 11:15 am #2

I quess I should be thankful for very small mercies, but the T20 and RL50 fixtures should have been released 3 months ago, not 1 day before the CC. The groups are the same every year, both competitions are blocked, and the dates of the quarters etc were decided months ago, so they could have been finalised and published months ago.

November 20th, 2017, 11:47 am #3

County Fixtures out November 28 and 29, with t20 Natwest Blast fixtures released Tuesday (the 28th) and other competitions out the very next day. Scarborough lovers can book up next Wednesday night once all the County Championship fixtures are announced!

Alex, moderator
I hope the county championship fixtures are out before 1pm so we can book up for Scarborough, or we will be on a flight to Adelaide for the test match,

November 20th, 2017, 12:53 pm #4

Alex, moderator
Why would they release the t20/50 over fixtures three months ago when last season was still in progress Stu?! This obsession with early fixtures really does baffle me, I don't even want to think about it untilMarch.

November 20th, 2017, 12:57 pm #5

Alex, moderator
Why not? Why do the T20 fixtures have to be 1 day before the rest, when they could be 3 months before the rest.

Not fussed personally when they are published but the punters who have to book holidays need them out asap, and every other sport manages to get their own out within two weeks of one season finishing.

November 20th, 2017, 2:35 pm #6

Alex, moderator
You mean sports such as football and rugby, which have much shorter off seasons? Cricket has a six month off season, hence the lack of urgency. I also doubt the t20 and 50 over fixtures could be finalised until the championship fixtures were added to the mix either, otherwise it would be a very cack handed way of approaching a project (said with work hat on). I doubt we'll agree on this!

November 20th, 2017, 3:42 pm #7

Alex, moderator
I find the fixture announcement quite exciting, but usually wears off after 20 minutes when I realise it's ages away

November 20th, 2017, 7:24 pm #8

Alex, moderator
so at least the ECB have now shown what this think matters. Or is there any other reason why we have to wait a day longer before getting the real fixtures?

November 20th, 2017, 7:55 pm #9

Alex, moderator
And we don't get the 2nd team fixtures until Feb and no doubt they'll be several weeks when 1st and 2nds are both at home!

Perhaps a small point but for regular watchers, surely it could be arranged to give the maximum cricket in the county for those who attend.

November 20th, 2017, 8:18 pm #10

Alex, moderator
Only the t20 fixtures will be announced next Tuesday folks! You have to wait another day for the "other" fixtures.