England Lions

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

England Lions

May 21st, 2017, 11:51 am #1

No Yorkshire players in the Lions squad to play South Africa A, which will disappoint many on here as it's one less thing to moan about! 😉

May 21st, 2017, 11:59 am #2

I can't think who would even have been close - Coad would've had an outside chance at best.

May 21st, 2017, 12:36 pm #3

No Yorkshire players in the Lions squad to play South Africa A, which will disappoint many on here as it's one less thing to moan about! 😉
This is for the one day tournament so given that Coad doesn't get into our first choice team not surprising that he's not been picked. May well be a different matter when they select for the unofficial test match.

May 21st, 2017, 1:11 pm #4

I am delighted that no Yorkshire players are in the squad, but It does not change the fact that the England Lions matches are NOT needed, particular in this season, when there is already far to much International cricket.

As Martin states, these squads are just for the 1 day series, and the 4 and 3 day match squads will be announced later on, so may yet lose some players. I really hope not, but it is still a possibility.