Do the players need to see a psychologist?

Do the players need to see a psychologist?

09 Aug 2017, 16:57 #1

Andrew Gale suggesting the players mental state is to blame rather than work ethic. Thoughts?

09 Aug 2017, 17:28 #2

"There is something happening here...what it is ain't exactly clear.."

I'm not sure about the players, but if this capitulation continues any longer, some of the club's supporters might need some therapy - or shock treatments. Can Ludivico's Reclamation Treatment be far behind?

Recall, it was a little over a year ago Yorkshire were playing Middlesex for third consecutive County Championship title - a match I firmly beileve we would have won if not for the absurd decision by the ECB to hold back our two well-rested star batsmen and Rashid's curious decision to opt out of the match for "personal reasons."

Now here we are a year later fighting to avoid relegation in the Championship, and just about out of the T20.

Now, if I could only chew through these leather straps.

Alex

09 Aug 2017, 17:31 #3

Andrew Gale suggesting the players mental state is to blame rather than work ethic. Thoughts?
The "Press" article.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/cricke ... d/?ref=mac

09 Aug 2017, 17:39 #4

"There's a man with a gun over there / Telling me I gotta beware"

09 Aug 2017, 18:28 #5

Perhaps all these back office personnel can pull together and play in the next game?

Psychologist - not sure we employ one so may be Boycott could offer his services based on his great understanding of mental health issues surrounding Yardy a few years about?
Moxon
Gale
Pyrah
Fisher
Fitness coach
Academy coach (Dews?)
Mrs Bairstow
Richard Hutton
Steve Denison
Graham the chef from the indoor school.

Not a bad team with both a Hutton and a Bairstow in there to give some experience.

Isn't this actually up to Gale and Pyrah to coach, manage, mentor, develop the players and not just give them catching practice Before play and watch the back up bowlers in the interval

09 Aug 2017, 18:33 #6

Just Gale trying to deflect attention from his own ineptitude.
My darling Maxi

09 Aug 2017, 18:54 #7

Actually TU, there's competition for places in your XI: Gale says in his YP article

"We have two psychologists at the club. They're there if any of the players need them."

09 Aug 2017, 19:03 #8

Maybe it is Gale and Moxon who need advice of a psychologist. Maybe he would advise then to quit at the end of the season!

09 Aug 2017, 19:42 #9

Do they need a psychologist? I'm a Freud they do.

09 Aug 2017, 21:22 #10

A classic case of projection from Gale.