Cricketing new years resolutions.

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

Cricketing new years resolutions.

December 29th, 2017, 10:49 am #1

My new years resolution is to try not to talk up any young Yorkshire bowlers in terms of England potential.

December 29th, 2017, 11:07 am #2

Mine is not to let KP get under my skin with his snidey comments even when someone scores 244 no
Formerly known as Egham Tyke :-)

January 2nd, 2018, 11:03 am #3

My new years resolution is to try not to talk up any young Yorkshire bowlers in terms of England potential.

Happy new year everyone.

I am resolving to get to see more cricket this year after a poor effort in 2017 although partly due to us not challenging for the title.

Last year I think i made the Roses t20, a poor day at Scarborough v Essex, the ODI in May and a day at the Lords Test in September when the game had finished the day before.

As ever work, a non cricket loving wife and poor scheduling will hamper my plans....

January 2nd, 2018, 12:04 pm #4

My resolution, as the sand gets ever nearer to the bottom of my hour-glass, is to watch as much cricket as possible; also to enjoy what I'm seeing, to maintain a critical eye without allowing disappointment to bring anger or resentment.

To keep perspective. To paraphrase Richie Benaud: "The sinking of the Titanic was a tragedy. Yorkshire losing four wickets is not a tragedy."
Bowlers win matches

January 2nd, 2018, 2:41 pm #5

Wise words as ever, DM. I think it was John Arlott who expressed similar sentiments regarding those who treated sport too seriously and life too lightly.

January 2nd, 2018, 4:17 pm #6

I suppose it depends when you lose the wickets!

As for resolution, I'll settle for Yorkshire showing a lot more of it this year.

January 3rd, 2018, 8:51 am #7

Indeed.
I'd like to see a bit more commitment this year - especially from some of our underachieving but talented players. (Thinking of Brooksy and Alex Lees perhaps..).
And i'd like to see us play with a smile on our faces more often.
My resolution is to try and enjoy visits to Headingley more...

January 3rd, 2018, 3:28 pm #8

Get to more red ball matches, which looks likely with the schedule for this season.

Forum wise not to get reeled in by the 'T20 is a circus' brigade!
Call for TKC..

January 5th, 2018, 3:39 pm #9

To see more games this year than the last 2 seasons. Have renewed my YCCC membership & have taken a NCCC membership out as well this year.

My 2017 season

Headingley x 7
Edgbaston x 2
Trent Bridge x 9 ( including 2 days at the test match )( a ODI abandoned)
New Road x 1
3aaa County Ground x 1
County Ground (Taunton) x 4
Scarborough x 6 ( restricted to just 2 days on our second visit due to a YCCC collapse)
Grace Road x 1
Whaddon Road x 1 ( game abandoned without a ball bowled )
The Oval x 1

My 2016 season

Headingley x 5
Scarborough x 8
Trent Bridge x 5
Edgbaston x 1
The Oval x 1
Grace Road x 1
Wantage Road x 1
Old Trafford x 2
Lords x 2
Whaddon Road x 1

This was watching all 3 forms of the game. With 4 days booked at Manchester, Taunton & Worcester & 8 days booked for Scarborough I'm hoping to beat last year.
And Glenn McGrath dismissed for 2 just 98 runs short of his century.
Richie Benaud