Cricinfo

Cricinfo

08 Aug 2017, 09:28 #1

The essential cricket stats and news site is becoming increasing irritating, with stories jumping up and down the page just as you click on them, bringing up the one you didn't want to read, hard-to-see live match information and poor quality control such as the following from a report on the match in which Hameed finally found some form alongside the talented Davies (and what about him for a shot at England by the way?)

The opening pair had a Jewell and Hyde of styles with Davies battering his way to 97 from 92 balls, while Hameed ended the day on 77 from a mammoth 219 deliveries.

08 Aug 2017, 10:27 #2

I agree, it is a pain now. Really difficult to find anything you want or navigate around the site, and no way of reading the comments at the end of articles. I used to find them very interesting - a bit like our forum where you got a wide range of opinions.

They changed it a couple of weeks ago and has been rubbish ever since.

08 Aug 2017, 22:00 #3

The essential cricket stats and news site is becoming increasing irritating, with stories jumping up and down the page just as you click on them, bringing up the one you didn't want to read, hard-to-see live match information and poor quality control such as the following from a report on the match in which Hameed finally found some form alongside the talented Davies (and what about him for a shot at England by the way?)

The opening pair had a Jewell and Hyde of styles with Davies battering his way to 97 from 92 balls, while Hameed ended the day on 77 from a mammoth 219 deliveries.
I agree- and from the comments that make their way to the live text on the Test matches, we're certainly not the only ones who don't like it.

09 Aug 2017, 06:47 #4

Sounds like a good excuse for when you click on the dodgy ads but agree it's awful and no need to have changed something that was good.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

09 Aug 2017, 07:17 #5

The new website is truly awful. I see the given reason is that most traffic now comes through mobiles/tablets so it's more tailored to that format but it just isn't user friendly anymore.

09 Aug 2017, 07:49 #6

I agree. I am reluctant to use Cricinfo now because the site is such a mess.

09 Aug 2017, 07:50 #7

But with cricket archive less accessible where do you go instead?

09 Aug 2017, 08:17 #8

A possible alternative is www.cricbuzz.com

It's a mostly Indian orientated site but does carry more user-friendly live scorecards for county matches. As yet I've not had chance to follow a Yorkshire game with both cricinfo & cricbuzz scorecards open at the same time, so I can't give a 100% recommendation, but it might be worth a try.

09 Aug 2017, 10:00 #9

On the plus side, though, I am now completely unable to find the Division 1 points table.

Oh no, I've found it, unfortunately.

09 Aug 2017, 11:22 #10

is cricket archive now behind a paywall, or am i doing something wrong.