Clever timing

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

Clever timing

September 28th, 2017, 7:21 am #1

They often say that when there is a big bit of news it's a good day for sweeping your own bad news under the carpet and pushing it out there so it doesn't get the same coverage as on a slow news day.

Perhaps we spotted this chance yesterday with the ashes squad being announced plus Stokes grabbing front and back pages and decided losing in three days would get less publicity than dragging into day 4?

Bloke I feel most sorry for is Evin Lewis whose outstanding knock has little attention, he ends up injured and can't receive his man of the match award and then loses the game courtesy of Vera Duckworth who sadly passed away this week and one of his distant relations.

September 28th, 2017, 7:34 am #2

I feel more sad for Ryan - i'm sure this isn't the way he imagined his career ending..

September 28th, 2017, 11:05 am #3

They often say that when there is a big bit of news it's a good day for sweeping your own bad news under the carpet and pushing it out there so it doesn't get the same coverage as on a slow news day.

Perhaps we spotted this chance yesterday with the ashes squad being announced plus Stokes grabbing front and back pages and decided losing in three days would get less publicity than dragging into day 4?

Bloke I feel most sorry for is Evin Lewis whose outstanding knock has little attention, he ends up injured and can't receive his man of the match award and then loses the game courtesy of Vera Duckworth who sadly passed away this week and one of his distant relations.
could have been worse, he may have been fit to play in the game