Charity evening at Huddersfield YMCA sports Complex

Charity evening at Huddersfield YMCA sports Complex

31 Mar 2017, 23:04 #1

For anybody interested. Thursday 6th April a evening with Gary Sykes, Eorl Crabtree and our very own Andrew Gale. Dress attire is lounge suit for men and evening dress for women. 3 course meal and some raffles and auctions plus each sportsman taking questions. I believe tickets are £40

31 Mar 2017, 23:27 #2

Was about to post questioning the timing til i realised today's date.

Good one!
My darling Maxi

31 Mar 2017, 23:42 #3

For anybody interested. Thursday 6th April a evening with Gary Sykes, Eorl Crabtree and our very own Andrew Gale. Dress attire is lounge suit for men and evening dress for women. 3 course meal and some raffles and auctions plus each sportsman taking questions. I believe tickets are £40
Sadly not Dwight. This is legit

01 Apr 2017, 19:22 #4

I seem to remember our own Yorkshire chairman taking a swipe at the Durham team for being involved in an evening function the night before a CC game against Yorkshire, saying the players had a few drinks and stayed up until 1am while the Yorkshire lads were tucked up in bed.

Not a good example to be led by the new head coach on his first major match - particularly when Liam Plunkett has been disciplined for a late night out before a match, same with Ollie Robinson and I believe Glenn Maxwell.
No Pyrah, no party

01 Apr 2017, 21:13 #5

Perks of not being a player anymore I would have thought.

01 Apr 2017, 21:37 #6

Maybe our coach will make it to the evening session of the first day of the season if we are lucky

03 Apr 2017, 14:49 #7

This is a charity dinner in Huddersfield.
You're making it sound like a weekend from Fear and Loathing in las Vegas....
I think Andrew is perfectly capable of enjoying a couple of glasses of wine with his dinner and still make it in time for the start of play on Thursday.
If anything we should congratulate him for finding the time to support a local charity. Id be much more disappointed if he WASN'T supporting an event like this.

03 Apr 2017, 15:22 #8

I dread to think how much abuse Gale will get on here this season if Yorkshire dare to lose a game of cricket - you know, like ALL teams do!

03 Apr 2017, 16:13 #9

Of course it's good that he's there. And the one occasion I went to an evening attended by Andrew Gale, he drank nothing but soft drinks for the entire evening.

03 Apr 2017, 22:19 #10

The timing of this engagement could be better timed (i.e. October to March) and not when the event is scheduled 12 hours before the start time of a County Championship opener. When there has been recent history of Yorkshire players disciplined for a night out before a match or major training session, it is understandable for spectators to have reservations of a senior member of staff partaking in non-cricket engagements.

No Pyrah, no party