Charity evening at Huddersfield YMCA sports Complex

04 Apr 2017, 06:43 #11

For anybody interested. Thursday 6th April a evening with Gary Sykes, Eorl Crabtree and our very own Andrew Gale. Dress attire is lounge suit for men and evening dress for women. 3 course meal and some raffles and auctions plus each sportsman taking questions. I believe tickets are £40
It depends on what you mean by a 'night out'. Do we want the players and coaches wearing electronic tagging devices and required to remain at home and go to bed by 10 p.m.?

04 Apr 2017, 07:10 #12

For anybody interested. Thursday 6th April a evening with Gary Sykes, Eorl Crabtree and our very own Andrew Gale. Dress attire is lounge suit for men and evening dress for women. 3 course meal and some raffles and auctions plus each sportsman taking questions. I believe tickets are £40
Fully agree with Steve C and Idle Man on this. If we can't trust our former captain and current coach to give up his evening for a local charity event we really are in a bad way.

04 Apr 2017, 11:08 #13

Nobody here is suggesting charity work is a bad thing, so to use that angle to try make others look bad is embarrassing.

The timing is terrible, he should be plotting the demise of Hants that night, soft drinks (laden with vodka) doesn't excuse that.

Charity work is indeed something to be commended but do it during the off season or between matches with a reasonable gap. If he were to partake in a Charity Golf tournament on the day of match is that ok because it's for charity?!
My darling Maxi

04 Apr 2017, 14:19 #14

Incredible that anyone can find fault in what Gale is doing here!!

04 Apr 2017, 14:44 #15

I'm guessing you guys aren't interested in this event. Myself personally I'm not neither. What do they want with Gale?, He's hardly a major crowd puller!. Just thought I'd let his fans on here know about it

04 Apr 2017, 14:47 #16

Yes, while I would love to see the WRF back on the official website, there are occasions when I'm left thinking 'I hope none of the team read this nonsense'. The sooner the championship season is underway the better.

04 Apr 2017, 14:51 #17

Soft drinks laden with vodka.
Lord a mercy.

04 Apr 2017, 17:09 #18

They may need to build a 24/7 situation room at Headingley and put a bunk bed in for Galey to do all his plotting.

Shock horror, at Scarborough some of the team have been seen in an actual Public house, pretending to take part in a charity pub quiz, actually during a four day game!

04 Apr 2017, 17:18 #19

The only thing that surprises me about this thread is that people are surprised by the moaning! What was this forum like during the tedious pre-Gillespie/Gale partnership years? Was prozac freely available to members? 😉

04 Apr 2017, 17:45 #20

As a noted moaner (who actually managed to post a long moan about a match when the forum was taken over by someone posting 'non cricket rubbish' in the early 2000s) I can confirm that we've never needed drugs to get us back on course.

I'm also old enough to remember wandering round the pubs/bars of Scarborough so we could find the team. So the coach speaking at an event the night before we play a very weak Leeds/Bradford team is a total non event to me.