Stu, how many times have we been in the same position notts are in, looking at setting a run chase?
only last week we could have set hants a target, but the conensus of opinion is that a declaration usually favours the side batting last.
Now you say we only have a 20% chance of winning with 80% chance of losing.
We were spoilt last season, how many times did we need to score more than 100 in the second innings to win a match?
If Read and Braod, and my God, even Ball can score freely so can our joe and company.
"Plus we need to add into the equation that Read is the most risk averse, least adventurous captain on the circuit & you'd have to think that Notts will bat on till they're all out, especially since Read is also approaching another ton."
Read is batting on past his 100! Edit - he is out. So - 6 an over it is (or surviving just over 50 overs). I would suggest that the former will be a stretch even for our talented batting line up - effectively need to get a good 50 over score but without fielding restrictions.