CHAMPIONSHIP | Middlesex vs Yorkshire (Pre-match thread)

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

September 18th, 2016, 12:07 pm #41

It is not a conspiracy as the ECB do not have enough brains between them to hatch any plots. As far as they are concerned, the CC does not exist in their grand plans, so they probably did not even know that the top two teams were playing this week.

September 18th, 2016, 12:08 pm #42

There is logic in the "powers that be" to insist that Root takes rest as he has had long season PLAYING in internationals but the same logic does not apply for Bairstow who has had rests in recent weeks and is not a fully contracted England player. There is inconsistency and "silence" from those responsible only leads to suspicions of unfair player treatment and conspiracy theories.
Come on you conspiracy theorists, Adil Rashid rested at him own request for the Middlesex game. Let's hear why?!?

September 18th, 2016, 12:16 pm #43

Rashid has history doing this. I think he is being selfish.

September 18th, 2016, 12:16 pm #44

Come on you conspiracy theorists, Adil Rashid rested at him own request for the Middlesex game. Let's hear why?!?
I thought you were on the wind up until I checked the OS ECT.

That is a surprise and , to me, very concerning. Why would a professional cricketer not want to play in what could be the bggest game of the championship season?

Does he not want to face the pressure? I wonder how the rest of the players view that decision?

Conspiracy theory answer-

Is he joining Middx next year?

BTW After the way he gave his wicket away in the 2nd innings v Somerset nothing would surprise me and I am very surprised he did not get any criticism on here when that happened.

September 18th, 2016, 12:21 pm #45

Obviously winning a third successive title is far less important than being fresh for the Bangladesh trip for Adil?

Also obviously, JB and Root were never going to be allowed to play, probably why Yorkshire didn't even bother asking the question, they already knew the answer.

Or is it another nail in the coffin for those who say county cricket and specifically the championship is dying?

I don't have any solutions apart from producing players who aren't good enough for England in the future!

September 18th, 2016, 12:23 pm #46

That is a surprise and , to me, very concerning. Why would a professional cricketer not want to play in what could be the bggest game of the championship season?

Does he not want to face the pressure? I wonder how the rest of the players view that decision?

BTW After the way he gave his wicket away in the 2nd innings v Somerset nothing would surprise me and I am very surprised he did not get any criticism on here when that happened.
From OS:

Yorkshire’s 13-man squad to face Middlesex:

Gary Ballance, Tim Bresnan, Jack Brooks, Andrew Gale ©, Andrew Hodd (w), Alex Lees, Adam Lyth, Steven Patterson, Liam Plunkett, Azeem Rafiq, Ryan Sidebottom, Jack Leaning, David Willey.

Hard to remember a side with so little batting. Early 1980s, perhaps - seem to remember Bairstow going in at 4 in JPL games, with little after him.

A disgrace and an insult to all the supporters who have paid good money all season following the team to this point.

September 18th, 2016, 12:23 pm #47

Obviously winning a third successive title is far less important than being fresh for the Bangladesh trip for Adil?

Also obviously, JB and Root were never going to be allowed to play, probably why Yorkshire didn't even bother asking the question, they already knew the answer.

Or is it another nail in the coffin for those who say county cricket and specifically the championship is dying?

I don't have any solutions apart from producing players who aren't good enough for England in the future!
I think Adil pulled out of a test match in the Caribbean a couple of years ago after declaring himself to be unfit.

September 18th, 2016, 12:25 pm #48

Club statement on Johnny Bairstow availability

https://yorkshireccc.com/news/view/5169 ... ailability

September 18th, 2016, 12:28 pm #49

This is getting so frustrating Im fast falling out with the game , as if we haven't had enough bad news regarding player availability.

September 18th, 2016, 12:29 pm #50

Club statement on Johnny Bairstow availability
https://yorkshireccc.com/news/view/5169 ... ailability

Blimey.