CHAMPIONSHIP | Hampshire vs Yorkshire at Southampton (Day 2)

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

CHAMPIONSHIP | Hampshire vs Yorkshire at Southampton (Day 2)

September 1st, 2016, 1:38 am #1

Yorkshire 275-9 (85 overs)

September 1st, 2016, 5:38 am #2

Big day today.

We need to do as we did v Notts and see the seamers deliver. If we an eke out another batting point it may be vital in bigger context of things.

Just as well the Hants slippers are not as good as ours. Let's hope our cordon catches as well as it has in the last few games.

So is your cricinfo open on the Yorkshire game or the odi at headingley whilst at your desk? Will be telling as to where your priorities are in those surveys!

September 1st, 2016, 6:56 am #3

ODI? is there another one today then?

cricinfo page open on the middx game, while listening to cally.

I would be seriously annoyed today if we got into a position to enforce the follow on and yet batted again. There are a number of tropical storms winging their way across the Atlantic, it is quite likely that there will be no cricket in england at all on saturday.

Therefore, we need to treat this game as an old fashioned 3 day game.

September 1st, 2016, 7:00 am #4

will be at the ODI and keeping the yorks score on the phone

bad day today for us and it could well be all over

September 1st, 2016, 7:07 am #5

not at all menston

still got 72 points to play for after this game

September 1st, 2016, 7:09 am #6

Disappointed if we don't enforce the follow on? I'd be doing cartwheels if we get Hants out for less than 125.

September 1st, 2016, 7:12 am #7

not at all menston

still got 72 points to play for after this game
I'm hoping middx bowl awfully,lose,get 1 point from the game,we get 22 for the win and we take the top position with 3 games left.....it's cricket,anything can and does happen....c'mon lads

September 1st, 2016, 8:19 am #8

Sounds like a reasonable idea Mark ! Fingers crossed it pans out that way . Any win or us and even a draw for Middlesex would do me .

September 1st, 2016, 8:34 am #9

I have to say I'm with Peter this time, we've already lost some overs and likely could lose a lot more so the follow on could be key.(I agreed with the decision not to enforce against Notts.) Normally I wouldn't dream of it with less than 300 on the board but against weak opposition with our seam attack on this pitch I don't think it's out of the question. Anyway I've opened myself up to look silly now.

September 1st, 2016, 9:26 am #10

I think there is more than just the weather to factor in. It's often quoted that bowlers are tired so need a rest even though we bowled Notts out in little more than a t20 innings. An overnight break also makes a difference to give bowlers a rest as does the prospects of batting last on a Bunsen burner.

Asking a team to follow on when you get hem out for under 150 differs from 300.

But on balance I would enforce follow on in this game if we have that luxury which is not a given