CHAMPIONSHIP | Hampshire vs Yorkshire at Southampton (Day 2)

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

September 1st, 2016, 1:08 pm #41

We need couple of wickets soon - otherwise we could face sizeable first innings deficit. Conditions seem to be good for batting.
I'm not there so as ususal speaking with the benefit of cricinfo, but I am not convinced that conditions were that bad for batting yesterday. Was 275 anything like par at a ground that is known for high scoring draws..

I don't want to tempt fate but Warwicks are going slowly but well. Eating up overs - with any luck denying Middx bowling bonus points.

So even if we end up drawing this game we could still end up in credit.

Worry how quickly Hampshire are scoring though. They could be well in credit by the end of the day and putting pressure on us tomorrow..

September 1st, 2016, 1:48 pm #42

Hopefully that should slow them down.

When was the last time we had a close result, winning by just a few runs or a couple wickets?

September 1st, 2016, 1:48 pm #43

I'm not there so as ususal speaking with the benefit of cricinfo, but I am not convinced that conditions were that bad for batting yesterday. Was 275 anything like par at a ground that is known for high scoring draws..

I don't want to tempt fate but Warwicks are going slowly but well. Eating up overs - with any luck denying Middx bowling bonus points.

So even if we end up drawing this game we could still end up in credit.

Worry how quickly Hampshire are scoring though. They could be well in credit by the end of the day and putting pressure on us tomorrow..
Phew! Got Vince. Well done, Tim.

September 1st, 2016, 1:50 pm #44

Hopefully that should slow them down.

When was the last time we had a close result, winning by just a few runs or a couple wickets?
Mr. Dependable strikes again - couple more before tea, especially Ervine would be nice ....

September 1st, 2016, 2:11 pm #45

Phew! Got Vince. Well done, Tim.
Martin, you tempted Fate! Warwicks mini-collapse: 5 down now.

September 1st, 2016, 2:13 pm #46

Our Championship hopes are fading this afternoon with our lack of more wickets and Warwickshire collapsing

September 1st, 2016, 2:14 pm #47

Shhhh! Let's not mention the Warwickshire game again. 6 down now.

September 1st, 2016, 2:14 pm #48

Oh no! - Thought it was worth seeing if you can tempt the fate of another team. Now I know!

September 1st, 2016, 2:14 pm #49

make that 6. Martin lost us the Championship
Formerly known as Egham Tyke :-)

September 1st, 2016, 2:25 pm #50

If there ever was time for Rafiq to show his worth as bowler, it is now against these left handers .....so much for that hope, Gale has taken him off - never has had much faith in slow bowlers