Champions Trophy

Champions Trophy

08 May 2017, 22:26 #1

Hi all,

I have two tickets available for New Zealand v Australia at Edgbaston on Friday 2nd June in the Hollies Stand. £40 face value each. Can offer post or collection from Leeds, whichever is easier.

Thanks

Daniel

EDIT --- Thanks for setting up a new thread. I have changed the title of this thread.

09 May 2017, 07:30 #2

looks like j bairstow will be pissed off morgan telling him in todays papers he has no chance of playing unless someone is injured .

09 May 2017, 08:30 #3

Hi all,

I have two tickets available for New Zealand v Australia at Edgbaston on Friday 2nd June in the Hollies Stand. £40 face value each. Can offer post or collection from Leeds, whichever is easier.

Thanks

Daniel

EDIT --- Thanks for setting up a new thread. I have changed the title of this thread.
I'm sure an accident for Morgan could be arranged.

I've not really watched the IPL but heard of a Stokes century but how has Buttler done?

I assume Buttler replaces Billings with the gloves and Woakes Stokes come back instead of two bowlers. Wood Willey Ball and Plunkett the current seamers so Ball plus one other to drop out. Do we need Moeen when Root is second spinner?

09 May 2017, 08:58 #4

Hi all,

Thanks

Daniel

Given that Roy is seemingly out of form, Bairstow could open with Hales, but I suspect England will be reluctant to break up that partnership. Buttler, Stokes and Woakes are certain starters but there's nothing wrong with strength in depth. I'll actually be surprised if England don't win this tournament with such a strong squad and home advantage. It's between them and South Africa in my book.

09 May 2017, 09:04 #5

Hi all,

Thanks

Daniel

So Young Bluey goes back to being a drinks waiter for England whilst Yorkshire go down the table. Win, win for Mogan & Straus

09 May 2017, 09:13 #6

Hi all,

Thanks

Daniel

It`s quiet simple. If they have no intention of playing him, take him out of the squad and replace him with a "reserve" bowler to cover for any injuries. They have two keepers, England would be very unlucky for both of them to get injured within the space of three weeks.

09 May 2017, 10:01 #7

Hi all,

Thanks

Daniel

Bairstow is not really in the squad as a keeper, is he? He's the reserve batsman, the fact that he can keep is a red herring.

09 May 2017, 10:20 #8

Hi all,

Thanks

Daniel

We already have 6 quick bowlers and 2 spinners in our squad, it would be barmy to include another one and only go in with one reserve batsman, absolutely crazy.

09 May 2017, 10:40 #9

Hi all,

Thanks

Daniel

In that case, pick another "reserve" batsman.

Do England want JB to be carrying drinks for three weeks or getting some meaningfull practice in county games prior to the test series starting early July.

09 May 2017, 10:43 #10

Hi all,

Thanks

Daniel

Surely you pick on form in which case it's hard to see anyone justifying a place ahead of bairstow in the current top 7.