Champions Trophy

09 May 2017, 11:02 #11

Hi all,

I have two tickets available for New Zealand v Australia at Edgbaston on Friday 2nd June in the Hollies Stand. £40 face value each. Can offer post or collection from Leeds, whichever is easier.

Thanks

Daniel

EDIT --- Thanks for setting up a new thread. I have changed the title of this thread.
I agree, it's difficult to justify not picking him in the XI. But Stu seems to suggest England should weaken their squad by picking a lesser player just so Bairstow gets match practice for test matches which are two months away.

09 May 2017, 11:30 #12

Hi all,

I have two tickets available for New Zealand v Australia at Edgbaston on Friday 2nd June in the Hollies Stand. £40 face value each. Can offer post or collection from Leeds, whichever is easier.

Thanks

Daniel

EDIT --- Thanks for setting up a new thread. I have changed the title of this thread.
>> We already have 6 quick bowlers and 2 spinners in our squad, it would be barmy to include another one and only go in with one reserve batsman, absolutely crazy.

I disagree. At least 5 of those bowlers are deemed to be allrounders, which was Morgan's argument for omitting Bairstow from the starting XI.

09 May 2017, 11:38 #13

Hi all,

Thanks

Daniel

Whether they're classed as all rounders or not, they still bowl quick and we have 6 players of these in the squad.

09 May 2017, 11:39 #14

Hi all,

Thanks

Daniel

Poor OP, going to think there's a bidding war for his tickets when he returns to see all these posts!
My darling Maxi

09 May 2017, 12:01 #15

Hi all,

Thanks

Daniel

Seadog --- I agree, it's difficult to justify not picking him in the XI. But Stu seems to suggest England should weaken their squad by picking a lesser player just so Bairstow gets match practice for test matches which are two months away.

Can I make it perfectly clear my suggestion was not for the good of England as I could not give a toss about who they select and who they do not. The only two things that matter to me are JB and Yorkshire. It surely has to be better for both us and Jonny for him to be playing cricket for three weeks rather than carrying drinks. The fact that it does not benefit England either to have someone idle for three weeks, is a very minor consideration.

09 May 2017, 12:05 #16

Hi all,

Thanks

Daniel

So, in dating terms, you want to dump Jonny and then tell him "it's not you, it's me!"

09 May 2017, 12:43 #17

Hi all,

Thanks

Daniel

So we're turning this into a general discussion about the CT rather than addressing my actual post then?

09 May 2017, 13:05 #18

Hi all,

Thanks

Daniel

Did anyone hear the Joe Root pitch side interview with Alison Mitchell broadcast on sports extra following the conclusion of the Ireland match at Lords?

Said his England performance was IMPROVED by the games he'd recently played for YCCC. I'm sure Morgan and Strauss will be having words.

09 May 2017, 13:38 #19

Hi all,

Thanks

Daniel

Stu - England selections feature a lot in your posts for someone who doesn't give a toss 😉. I think we're all aware that you don't care about England but try and accept that there are some who do.

09 May 2017, 14:10 #20

Hi all,

Thanks

Daniel

Apologies Seadog, I take your point fully and I should have realised that some on this forum do support both England & Yorkshire, and I will desist from pontificating on the England team selections in future

Any views I have expressed previously have always been with my Yorkshire CCC hat on. In my ideal world, no one from Yorkshire CCC would be any near the England side and we would win the CC every year, but I also know it is never going to happen.