BREAKING NEWS l Gary Ballance called up to the England Lions

23 Jun 2017, 15:20 #21

Just seen the news about Gary's call up. Bres will captain the team and Harry Brook is retained in the squad for the Surrey game. Squad for next week is
Tim Bresnan
Jonny Bairstow
Harry Brook
Jack Brooks
Ben Coad
Peter Handscomb
Alex Lees
Adam Lyth
Steven Patterson
Adil Rashid
Joe Root
Ryan Sidebottom
Farce once again, getting really tired now of the constant flow of news that the ECB in their wisdom keep coming up with not just re YCCC players constant non availability but their tunnel vision towards the England team and the devaluing of the CC. They will reap what they sow I wont be investing in full membership ever again and sure Im not on my own.

23 Jun 2017, 15:36 #22

Just seen the news about Gary's call up. Bres will captain the team and Harry Brook is retained in the squad for the Surrey game. Squad for next week is
Tim Bresnan
Jonny Bairstow
Harry Brook
Jack Brooks
Ben Coad
Peter Handscomb
Alex Lees
Adam Lyth
Steven Patterson
Adil Rashid
Joe Root
Ryan Sidebottom
With a £1bn TV contract just around the corner I'm not convinced your non renewal will dent the coffers too much, therein may lies the ECB thoughts.

23 Jun 2017, 15:48 #23

Tim Bresnan
Jonny Bairstow
Harry Brook
Jack Brooks
Ben Coad
Peter Handscomb
Alex Lees
Adam Lyth
Steven Patterson
Adil Rashid
Joe Root
Ryan Sidebottom
Why cut your nose off to spite your face. If you're a Yorkshire fan membership is fantastic value. Even if ecb,take all our players we can watch the youngsters coming through. I rarely miss a day and wouldn't miss it for the world.

23 Jun 2017, 16:17 #24

Tim Bresnan
Jonny Bairstow
Harry Brook
Jack Brooks
Ben Coad
Peter Handscomb
Alex Lees
Adam Lyth
Steven Patterson
Adil Rashid
Joe Root
Ryan Sidebottom
How would that help? The ECB wouldn't give a toss if county membership and attendance dropped. In fact they'd welcome it. Only Yorkshire would suffer!

23 Jun 2017, 16:34 #25

Tim Bresnan
Jonny Bairstow
Harry Brook
Jack Brooks
Ben Coad
Peter Handscomb
Alex Lees
Adam Lyth
Steven Patterson
Adil Rashid
Joe Root
Ryan Sidebottom
Agree, only Yorkshire would suffer, and it would give the ECB even more ammunition to cut the CC and the domestic competitions even more, citing falling memberships and attendances as a reason.

The best, and in my view the only way, to make an impact on the ECB is for everyone to stop going to any International match.

But lets face it, that will never happen.

23 Jun 2017, 17:39 #26

Tim Bresnan
Jonny Bairstow
Harry Brook
Jack Brooks
Ben Coad
Peter Handscomb
Alex Lees
Adam Lyth
Steven Patterson
Adil Rashid
Joe Root
Ryan Sidebottom
You're right Stu, that will never happen. But if it did, county cricket would be finished anyway. Bankrupt.

23 Jun 2017, 18:17 #27

Tim Bresnan
Jonny Bairstow
Harry Brook
Jack Brooks
Ben Coad
Peter Handscomb
Alex Lees
Adam Lyth
Steven Patterson
Adil Rashid
Joe Root
Ryan Sidebottom
Its all sad news lately in my opinion regarding our game which Im slowly falling out with, even listening to BBC commentaries all they seem to talk about is England and players who could step up etc.

23 Jun 2017, 18:32 #28

Tim Bresnan
Jonny Bairstow
Harry Brook
Jack Brooks
Ben Coad
Peter Handscomb
Alex Lees
Adam Lyth
Steven Patterson
Adil Rashid
Joe Root
Ryan Sidebottom
At least with more players coming through it should spread the load. 5 players from one county is ridiculous. More players coming in will release people back to us.

23 Jun 2017, 18:37 #29

Tim Bresnan
Jonny Bairstow
Harry Brook
Jack Brooks
Ben Coad
Peter Handscomb
Alex Lees
Adam Lyth
Steven Patterson
Adil Rashid
Joe Root
Ryan Sidebottom
Yorkshire are now saying Ballance is available to us for the first 2 days. I hope he doesn't do a Trescoithick when he was Somerset captain. In a match at Headingley Zum won the toss & put Yorkshire in. At the time Mrs Tresco was heavily pregnant & after the first day decided it was time. So after not batting Marcus disappeared back home leaving the team a batsman (& captain) short. Yorkshire won the match.

23 Jun 2017, 21:41 #30

Tim Bresnan
Jonny Bairstow
Harry Brook
Jack Brooks
Ben Coad
Peter Handscomb
Alex Lees
Adam Lyth
Steven Patterson
Adil Rashid
Joe Root
Ryan Sidebottom
It's all a bit of a mess if you ask me.

I see Jennings is also playing 2 days for Durham so I presume the entire Lions squad will be available for their Counties for 2 days. Every county is playing in this round too.

In the case of Lancashire and Middlesex they have 2 each in the squad.

You couldn't make it up.