BREAKING | Gale won't quit...gets club's supprt

BREAKING | Gale won't quit...gets club's supprt

29 Sep 2017, 11:19 #1

"ANDREW GALE has said that he will not quit as Yorkshire first-team coach and blamed senior players
for the club’s poor season." - CHRIS WATERS

Yorkshire Post
Club supports Gale

29 Sep 2017, 11:22 #2

I have a fairly simple theory on team sports, if a few players are performing poorly its on them, if almost everyone is under-performing then its the coach. It's staggering to me that neither Gale or Moxon take any responsibility for that season.

29 Sep 2017, 11:26 #3

"ANDREW GALE has said that he will not quit as Yorkshire first-team coach and blamed senior players

Yorkshire Post
Club supports Gale
The "Press" article on the same subject.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/cricke ... l/?ref=mac

The fans get a mention.

".....Yet Gale has not escaped criticism from the club's fanbase either.

After this week's final-round horror show against new champions Essex at Chelmsford, in which they were bowled out for 111 and 74 and beaten by a record 376 runs, there were calls for him to resign following just one season in charge.

However, that will not be happening, vowed the former title-winning captain.

Gale said: "People can say what they want. I've always been up for a challenge. I love this club and still believe in the group of players.

"I won't be walking away from this club. I've heard lots of stuff about how Andrew Gale's the cheap option. Let me tell you, I'm not......."

29 Sep 2017, 11:28 #4

Yorkshire Post
Club supports Gale
If he only has a 12 month contract then the decision could be taken for him. Do we lose a coach or perhaps a few of the players who don't appear to want to play for him

29 Sep 2017, 11:33 #5

Yorkshire Post
Club supports Gale
My mistake he signed a 3 year deal on 14/10/2016. The question that still springs to mind was a comment made by MM he stated last year there was 16 applicants for the position with some extremely good candidates in among the list. Who were the 16 ?

29 Sep 2017, 11:52 #6

Yorkshire Post
Club supports Gale
If there were 16 applicants, and Andrew was the best option, it does not say much for the other candidates.

29 Sep 2017, 11:59 #7

Yorkshire Post
Club supports Gale
If it is true there were 16 applicants, including some very good ones, how on earth was it decided to appoint the outgoing captain? In addition, surely offering a three year contract to someone without any track record of coaching a top team seems quite bizarre.

29 Sep 2017, 12:03 #8

Yorkshire Post
Club supports Gale
Gale does have a point. Did the senior players forget how to play just because their beloved Dizzy has gone? Doesn't say much for them as individuals if so.

29 Sep 2017, 12:05 #9

Yorkshire Post
Club supports Gale
Likewise, it'd be interesting, if there were 15 others, who they were.

29 Sep 2017, 12:09 #10

Yorkshire Post
Club supports Gale
This is the extract from the Offical site on announcing Gales appoints MM's words.

“We have gone through a rigorous process and looked at all the options that were available to us.

“We had 16 applicants for the job with some extremely good candidates in among that list. But at the end of the day, for what I believe we need, Galey was the obvious choice. He is highly qualified in the way that he has led the team as Captain over the past seven years and has expertise that we didn’t want to lose at the Club.

“I think the role now has got two parts to it. In the short-term, we need someone who can manage the First XI which is, in Championship cricket, a pretty senior group. I think it’s important that we keep that continuity within the group and protect the environment that we’ve created, one that has been so successful for us.

Here's the bit visa vie the length of his contract

The Yorkshire County Cricket Club are delighted to announce the appointment of Andrew Gale as the Club’s new First XI Coach.

Gale, who captained the White Rose to back-to-back County Championships in 2014 and 2015, has subsequently retired from playing, concluding the batsman’s illustrious First Class playing career at Headingley.

The 32-year-old has signed an initial three-year contract and Director of Cricket Martyn Moxon believes that Gale is the right man to continue driving the team forward.