BREAKING | Gale won't quit...gets club's supprt

29 Sep 2017, 12:36 #11

"ANDREW GALE has said that he will not quit as Yorkshire first-team coach and blamed senior players
for the club’s poor season." - CHRIS WATERS

Yorkshire Post
Club supports Gale
16 applicants from where? The Bradford leagues. I think Gale must be a regular visitor on this forum, he may even have a pseudonym

29 Sep 2017, 12:38 #12

"ANDREW GALE has said that he will not quit as Yorkshire first-team coach and blamed senior players

Yorkshire Post
Club supports Gale
Seadog, I would say that Dizzy left because the players were already not performing (or were simply away with England). This season has seen a deepening of shortcomings that emerged in 2015.

Senior players clearly to blame to significant degree. But, OK, what now? And, surely Andrew accepted some of the blame himself too. Has he?

29 Sep 2017, 12:45 #13

Yorkshire Post
Club supports Gale
"I've heard lots of stuff about how Andrew Gale's the cheap option. Let me tell you, I'm not......."

My reply to this would be if he's not the "cheap option" then surely he's being paid way over what he's worth.

29 Sep 2017, 12:52 #14

Yorkshire Post
Club supports Gale
It is never a good idea to wear sunglasses when the sun is not shining. It sends out the wrong message. (A propos the final afternoon of the Warwicks game)

29 Sep 2017, 13:08 #15

Yorkshire Post
Club supports Gale
In response to Jay's suggestion above, can I be the first to say....

'I am Andrew Gale'.

29 Sep 2017, 13:12 #16

Yorkshire Post
Club supports Gale
I'm Andrew Gale, and so is my wife!

29 Sep 2017, 13:20 #17

Yorkshire Post
Club supports Gale
Andrew 'Spartacus' Gale is quite right not to quit after a first season in which Yorkshire finished fourth.
Let's see how things look next year after close-season changes.

29 Sep 2017, 14:15 #18

Yorkshire Post
Club supports Gale
Saved from relegation by Patto and Fisher when all seemed lost. Hardly a plus point for retention of Gale. We were very fortunate.

29 Sep 2017, 15:04 #19

Yorkshire Post
Club supports Gale
'We made progress in T20'. Yes, there were several outstanding batting performances and some memorable spells of tight bowling. But we did not get out of the group. The overall standard of the competition may have been higher than in previous years. But on paper we had one of the strongest T20 teams/squads including two members of the England T20 team for all matches and one further member for a couple of games at the end. I saw and thoroughly enjoyed along with thousands of others the home games. One thing I did notice was a certain inflexibility in the order of batting. On several occasions excellent starts were followed by somewhat stodgy batting at numbers three and four. We seemed slow to react and to try something different. I don't know whether this is down to the captain or the coach, but it should have been addressed. We also seemed to lose most of the close games. Overall I was disappointed by the outcome of our T20 adventure. It could and should have been better with the talent at our disposal. This competition is now central to the club's financial and cricketing health and success is vital if we are to maintain the allegiance of the many newcomers to the game in the face of competition from the impending ECB T20 enterprise. The club's ambition should be to become the best T20 team in the land. I would expect any coach's job specification going forward to include clear achievement goals in T20.

29 Sep 2017, 15:08 #20

Yorkshire Post
Club supports Gale
Irving --- we lost everyone of the close games, and we did not win away from home.