Athletics fiasco

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

Athletics fiasco

August 9th, 2017, 6:16 am #1

Watched the farce around the Botswana runner not being allowed to compete last night with the team manager and the IAAF medical expert both coming across as plausible but somewhere the tales don't match up.

I am told the ECB may start to impose similar restrictions on county cricket whereby the ECB doctor assesses the health of all player before deciding if they can play. Fortunately Yorkshire should be ok as none of our players have shown any sign of the runs for a while now

August 9th, 2017, 7:31 am #2

You've introduced this entirely irrelevant issue just in order to post that joke! A cracker though.

August 9th, 2017, 7:49 am #3

Watched the farce around the Botswana runner not being allowed to compete last night with the team manager and the IAAF medical expert both coming across as plausible but somewhere the tales don't match up.

I am told the ECB may start to impose similar restrictions on county cricket whereby the ECB doctor assesses the health of all player before deciding if they can play. Fortunately Yorkshire should be ok as none of our players have shown any sign of the runs for a while now
Credit where it's due!

August 9th, 2017, 4:15 pm #4

It is called the "noruns virus"

August 9th, 2017, 4:15 pm #5

It is called the "noruns virus"

August 9th, 2017, 5:59 pm #6

Doesn't allow you to get settled, stikes frequently with pace.

More unsettling for those watching on.