Adil Rashid

18 Sep 2016, 18:13 #21

Agree with you TU, anybody who puts on a yorkshire shirt should be fully committed to the cause.

I am sure gale and leaning try their best for the county and are a damn site better at it than i would be.

As for Rashid, no excuses whatsoever. He should be heavily fined and not play for yorkshire again.

Anyone know when his contract is up?
Rashid's decision to pull out of Yorkshire's most important game of this season has made him 3rd choice spinner in my eyes. I mean, who in their right mind would decline the opportunity to win silverware?

As for a heavy international schedule lined up, I'm not having that as an excuse. 7 Tests and 3 ODIs between October and Christmas, roughly two weeks rest before completing the India limited overs series. Another fortnight off before a 3 match ODI series against the West Indies. Then a whole month off before the 2017 season begins. A manageable schedule compared to some Southern Hemisphere sides who are playing non-stop between October and March.

No Pyrah, no party

18 Sep 2016, 18:39 #22

If this game was a dead rubber then I would say fair enough but this is a Championship decider. Unless other reasons we dont know about then feel a bit let down.

18 Sep 2016, 18:50 #23

Shouldn't really hang him until the full story comes out but this does not look good on Rashid. If there are more serious reasons behind this why are the club website and Gale hanging him out to dry?

18 Sep 2016, 20:29 #24

The club website clearly states that Rashid requested to be rested ahead of the upcoming tour. There was no mention of an injury.

Well, we are already down three key players, and would reasonably expect the available players to step up and be counted.

Yet Rashid has ruled himself out of the most important match of the season with the team shorthanded.

On the face of it, this is a selfish, ill-advised decison by Rashid, who appears to be looking out for #1. I'll hold my final.conclusions until I know more, but on the face of it Rashid should have played his last match for Yorkshire.

18 Sep 2016, 20:52 #25

Agree we need to know/understand more, and I'm not one for kicking people out. However I suspect Adil will find the dressing room feels a distinctly different place on his return. That's a very close-knit team, many of who have grown up together, led by a captain who two years ago was distraught at being deprived of the chance to play for Yorkshire in a title decider.

My favourite current cricketer. Feeling fairly let down.

18 Sep 2016, 21:09 #26

After having a couple of hours to digest the news that Rashid asked to rested I have come to the opinion he should not play for Yorkshire again. Unless of course there is something personel we dont know about. I have the feeling the club would have stated 'Personal Reasons' if this was the case.
If he plays again I would not boo him or anything stupid but would find it hard to clap when it is announced he is coming on the bat or bowl.

I was really looking forward to the game this week, getting the train down for days 2 and 3 but at moment the shine been took off it with Rashid and Bairstow.

19 Sep 2016, 11:13 #27

Adil has just tweeted this message

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cstk-lAXEAA35ZY.jpg:large

and has spoken to James Fuller of Cricket Yorkshire

http://cricketyorkshire.com/why-adil-ra ... yorkshire/

19 Sep 2016, 11:25 #28

Why couldn`t Yorkshire CCC have told us these reasons right from the start, and it would have stopped all the needless speculation and anger among the fans.

He has a family illness, same as Patto, so that is now fine with me. We gave Patto compassionate leave, so we are doing the same with Rashid.

19 Sep 2016, 11:25 #29

Adil has just tweeted this message

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cstk-lAXEAA35ZY.jpg:large

and has spoken to James Fuller of Cricket Yorkshire

http://cricketyorkshire.com/why-adil-ra ... yorkshire/
agreed. Why were we not given the full facts at the start ?

19 Sep 2016, 11:28 #30

If Gale, Gillespie and Yorkshire were aware of this then why have they hung him out to dry? Confused.

Happy to retract my comments and wish him and his family well.
My darling Maxi