2nds at Worcester

Moderator: Assistant Moderator

July 25th, 2017, 11:42 am #11

We've played Worcester in a 2nds double header T20 today. I understand we recovered from 28-8 to win the first game, although I don't have any further info and I don't know anything about the second game. Anyone with better investigative skills than me able to help out?
Sachin Tendulkar...

July 25th, 2017, 12:41 pm #12

We've played Worcester in a 2nds double header T20 today. I understand we recovered from 28-8 to win the first game, although I don't have any further info and I don't know anything about the second game. Anyone with better investigative skills than me able to help out?
Ryan Gibson - disciplinary reasons.

July 25th, 2017, 2:55 pm #13

Strong bowling attack for us today!!

From the OS

Plunkett continues his recovery with a three-day game in the Second XI, along with Brooks, Coad & Sidebottom.

July 25th, 2017, 3:16 pm #14

Roger Twose is the obvious one.
Gareth Rees (ex-Glamorgan I think).

July 25th, 2017, 3:37 pm #15

Didn't Scotland have a Matthew Twentyman ?

July 25th, 2017, 3:56 pm #16

Stoneman..

July 26th, 2017, 10:27 am #17

Here is the link to the scorecard for the 2nds 3 day game on TCS:

http://www.totalcricketscorer.com/TCSLi ... x?id=61559

Status is: (Rain) No play before lunch on day 2 - rain Yorkshire 2nd XI 2 for 0 (3.0 overs)
Worcester posted 283 all out in 96.4 overs yesterday

dobbers

July 26th, 2017, 11:04 am #18

Hodd playing but not keeping wicket, B D Birkhead keeping.

July 26th, 2017, 12:32 pm #19

Almost reminds me of the old one liner that the only head bigger than Tony Greigs was Birkenhead....

July 28th, 2017, 10:12 am #20

Day 3 of this match was probably the most enjoyable I've spent at a cricket match this year, though Yorkshire fell agonizingly short in the run chase and had to settle for a frustrating draw (260 for 7 chasing 264, which would almost certainly have been achieved without the loss of 16 overs in a mid-afternoon burst of rain). An outstanding innings by Alex Lees (135 from 110 balls) and a strong leadership performance from him throughout.
I'll try to post a more detailed report at some point.
Ben Twohig, who bowled well, is known as Twiggy, by the way. I suppose it was obvious.
And Ryan says he'll definitely be fit for Scarborough, though, despite my best efforts, I wasn't able to persuade him to come back for another season after this one!