SacoHarry

9:36 PM - Apr 28, 2012 #21

As promised, the latest batch from Mary (thanks again!!) for the end of Week 4.

Again as ref, here's the latest plan:

"Justin did some serious water bailing yesterday,so we were able to get a full day of digging in today! Here is a photo along the aqueduct - some interesting features and surfaces are emerging. Can't wait to hear the reports from next week!" (from E end of 4a looking W)

"Looking south... Still puddly, but they got a lot done this week! :)" (from N of 1b looking S)

"The aqueduct area from a different angle..." (from NW of 4a looking SE)

"Looking toward the diggers hut over area 4 a/b/c. The planks are in place to keep people from completely sinking into the soggy ground. Hope that it dries out a little for next week's crew!" (from 4c looking NW)

Justin-T

12:56 AM - Apr 29, 2012 #22

Great stuff again, thanks Mary and Harry.

Is the incredibly bumpy-looking area of small rocks/stones in the last picture the roadway Justin refers to in his tweet from 4 days ago?

Badger
Badger

1:08 AM - Apr 29, 2012 #23

Having dug with Justin for several seasons I can say that looks like a typical vicus road.

I used to loathe cobbles, but on occasion you do find interesting bits in amongst them.

T.Wolter

snowglobe

8:43 AM - Apr 29, 2012 #24

Cobbles? May need to pack the knee pads? Thanks to Mary & Harry, my camera is at the ready for tomorrow, will also put photos on twitter.

Sue Munro

10:38 AM - Apr 29, 2012 #25

To be frank, I always take the same gear no matter what time of year we've been at Vindolanda and always seem to use it! Not practical I know if you're flying over from more exotic climes I know. Maybe soem extra cash could be garnered for Vindolanda if they had a hire scheme for things such as wellies and wateproofs? Just a thought.

Andy
Andy

7:22 AM - Apr 30, 2012 #26

week 4 excavators
IMG_9280.jpg

SacoHarry

12:44 PM - Apr 30, 2012 #27

snowglobe wrote:Ps if anyone does know how to post photos using iPhone/iPad would be very helpful.
Still checking the admin boards to see if there's a way to make it possible to upload iPad/iPhone pictures to a post. The basic problem is that with an iPhone/iPad there's no real "file system" that you can access. Without a folder to go to in order to grab a picture, the WeDig site has no idea how to find the photos stored on the device. But there are some pretty clever folks out there, someone might have designed a workaround. Will keep checking.

Justin-T

4:27 PM - Apr 30, 2012 #28

Haven't done it myself to confirm, but it looks like you should be able to upload from the iPad (or iPhone) to an online gallery such as Photobucket, and then link to that. Photobucket has an app to do it:

Photobucket app for iPad

Perhaps someone can try it out and see how well it works, but there are people reporting it as a sound method on multiple different kinds of forum similar to WeDig.

EDIT:

here's a similar app for Flickr:

Flickr app for iPad
Last edited by Justin-T on 4:30 PM - Apr 30, 2012, edited 1 time in total.