gbrabec
gbrabec

November 1st, 2010, 12:52 pm #11

I was able to process my application at 7:00 a.m CST. I forgot that the US Central Standard Time is 5 hours behind the UK, not 6, since we do not change our clocks until next weekend in Illinois. THank you for your help.

Bartonflyer

November 1st, 2010, 1:27 pm #12

IanS wrote:If any body is having trouble, what browser are you using?
The application form doesn't seem to work with Firefox!
I could fill the form in but could not add it to my basket. After several frustrating attempts at filling the form out again I switched to IE and everything worked OK.
Seem to recall I had the same problem last year but of course I'd long forgotten.
Worked fine for me with Firefox (v3.6) - as a Vindolanda virgin, what happens next? Does the fact that you've submitted the form and paid mean that you have been accepted?
Cheers

IanS
IanS

November 1st, 2010, 1:36 pm #13

Hmm, I'm using 3.6 too. It may be some setting in the browser then. I could fill the form out but adding to my basket returned me to the login screen and lost all the details I'd put in.
Bartonflyer, you'll get a confirmation email in a day or two. I'm sure you'll enjoy your dig!

Badger
Badger

November 1st, 2010, 1:39 pm #14

Barton

In general, if there is a slot and you get your application in for it, you are good. On the vindolanda.com site, as part of the application, there is a pop up that shows remaining slots. Each year they have gone faster, but perhaps this time around with the economy being less forgiving, that might not be so?
I also got confused on the 5 hour vs 6 hour time difference!

See some of you first two weeks May, I figure.

Tim Wolter

Bartonflyer

November 1st, 2010, 1:51 pm #15

thanks for that IanS & Badger - I'll be scanning my inbox with great anticipation !!

BeverlyJ

November 1st, 2010, 2:41 pm #16

I got up early this morning to log-on at 7:00 a.m. here in Kansas City. I forgot I had to sign in so had to go through that part again, and of course forgot my passowrd. But I sent in an application for myself (I was on Beth's team in 2010) and for my husband - 2011 will be his first time. So hopefully will see some of you all the last week in June.

Only one week digging this year :( . My husband (a Brit) and I want to see English friends in the Lake District for the second week.
Last edited by BeverlyJ on November 1st, 2010, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sue Munro

November 1st, 2010, 2:43 pm #17

I had no problems using Firefox, but all the info seemed to be jumbled up when I got to the page where you can check your order. Hope somebody at Vindolanda can make sens of my requests! :o

Badger
Badger

November 1st, 2010, 5:54 pm #18

A quick look at the pop up menu for available slots show them going rapidly. Third week of May is at zero available spots!

Guess the economy on both sides of the Atlantic is not dampening enthusiasm.

Anybody wandering in casually had better get busy right away.

Why, I recall my first dig in 2008 I signed up in early January!

Tim Wolter

georgina

November 1st, 2010, 6:57 pm #19

Firefox worked fine with my application - wonder if it is because I'm upside down ^o)

Mike C
Mike C

November 1st, 2010, 9:25 pm #20

Hi Harry. When we've all find out what dates we've got, are you going to do a roll call section like last year?

Gina, it must be murder on your toes having to hold on while you upside down!