T shirts v Polo shirts

Cestrian

September 3rd, 2011, 8:03 pm #1

Why do we always have t shirts? They really don't suit people like me with long necks. I would like to see a change to polo shirts because: (a) they have a collar which keeps the neck covered from the sun (you remember its that yellow thing which sometimes appears), (b) the collar can be turned up providing more protection and (c) the front partially unbuttons to allow some air to circulate which the close-fitting t shirt doesn't.

Do other diggers think the same? Would Andrew and the Trust be amenable to a change?

SacoHarry

September 3rd, 2011, 8:23 pm #2

Gotta say, I kind of like the idea of a more versatile digger shirt. I imagine that anything deviating from "regular T-shirt" suddenly spikes the cost. But if a collared, breathable Vindolanda logo shirt were available, I'd probably buy one. Just sayin'.

Alex
Alex

September 3rd, 2011, 9:21 pm #3

I'm with Harry on this one, I wouldn't mind paying a little extra, for a polo..

Sue Munro

September 4th, 2011, 8:02 pm #4

Costs can vary greatly and so accordingly does quality. I should imagine that the current t-shirts with a printed design are quite a lot cheaper than getting polo shirts which may have embroidered design, like the ones you see for school uniforms.

Personally I quite like the normal tshirt, but maybe it could be an option you take when stating what size you need. The if they are more expensive you can pay the extra up-front when you apply.

Just a random musing.

Fiona D
Fiona D

September 11th, 2011, 5:49 pm #5

Just a note to Andrew - I have spent my working life digitising and producing professional embroidery designs for clothing retailers & manufacturers and in the gift trade. I have a lot of contacts in embroidery world. Sure I could get you a quality job done pretty cheaply if you were interested Andrew - no quantity too small, just email me a logo and I can get you quotes.
Regards
Fiona

Dougie
Dougie

September 11th, 2011, 6:14 pm #6

Hi Fiona, et al,

I was having just the same thoughts about polo-shirts, Nice though the teeshirts are perhaps it would be nice to have a choice. I'd certainly go for a polo shirt.

Cheers,
Dougie.

Mike C
Mike C

September 12th, 2011, 9:07 am #7

hi all.
Polo shits for me. :P
There're more comfortable, practical & stylish. :D
Would like a material that's more breathable & better quality material than this years!!! :-/

Alex
Alex

September 12th, 2011, 1:18 pm #8

Don't know about you Mike C but I'm sticking with the polo shirts, I think I will give the polo s***'s a miss.. :X

Mike C
Mike C

September 12th, 2011, 2:17 pm #9

whooooooops, thanks Alex for pointing that out :$
Although digging out all that smelly mud this year was very near to it. :X
Just to confirm, I'm not for Polo S---s! I'm with Alex & voting for Polo Shirts :D

Sue Munro

September 12th, 2011, 5:45 pm #10

Polo s___s certainly gave me a giggle! Thanks Mike!