Mr Twicey

1:22 PM - Jan 18, 2007 #21

Did someone mention wheelbarrows?

Andy
Andy

7:51 PM - Jan 18, 2007 #22

The wheelbarrow,

This years must have accessory for the excavations. Those best dressed sport a little French number called the Hamerlin. Long handled with a good suspension, the Hamerlin is the barrow of choice for all those who care how they look while knackered. Of course, if you’re a chav you may opt for the English equivalent. They look good enough at first but after a few days the rust sets in, the wheel deflates and the nuts drop off.

:unsure:
Last edited by Andy on 8:25 AM - Jan 21, 2007, edited 1 time in total.

SacoHarry

4:21 AM - Jan 19, 2007 #23

But they look fabulous with chrome rims, tinted windscreen, & neon underlighting.

MBetz
MBetz

11:36 AM - Jan 19, 2007 #24

Harry is of course explaining the latest U.S. model of wheelbarrow. But he forgot the most important item, the stereo. I would think 8" bass speakers, mounted on the arms of the wheelbarrow blasting the latest by Jay-Z, Fifty cent or maybe some new hip-hop queen. Now that wheelbarrow is stylin! Peace, Love, and Dirt
I'm out!

Mr Twicey

12:55 PM - Feb 03, 2007 #25

I do have a small spoiler which could possibly be attached to the UK model. This would aid in uniform air distribution across the 'barrow, helping maintain the load in a central location. It would also allow for greater speed across uneven ground by applying greater downward force at the higher wheelbarrow speeds. this would prevent spillage and speed up the extrudate extraction process. :huh: Of course it would also make the driver look very cool. B)

Can i also suggest a, one size too large for head, baseball cap. This must be placed on the head with the peak facing to the front. The Peak is then rotated 16 degrees to the right. After completion of said rotation, visor must then be pulled to a downward angle that impedes vison to a "significant level". You would then be Chav Kool- innit. :D
Applicable clothing and other accessories include tracksuit bottoms (tucked into socks), gold jewllery, fluffy dice hanging off the 'barrow and a possible sports passenger seat for your heavily preggers girlfriend/sister/mother. :blink:

(there is no legal requirment for a chav to take due care when carrying passengers in a 'barrow) ;)

MBetz
MBetz

2:11 AM - Feb 04, 2007 #26

I would say that you are describing the ex-Mr. Britney Spears!

MBetz
MBetz

2:06 AM - Aug 09, 2007 #27

While digging this season I had a chance to visit Roman Corbridge and see the Stanegate. Quite impressive. Would it have been as impressive outside of the towns and near any forts or way stations. I have been on roads that go from one town to another with nothing between and they seem to be the least maintained stretches. I wonder if it was similar during Roman times. Out of sight out of mind ya know for repairs and the like.
Matt

SacoHarry

5:01 PM - Aug 09, 2007 #28

Just ask Octavius, the guy from one of the tablets writing that he was delayed because he didn't want to risk injuring his animals on the bad roads.

I've always loved that one. What's the one thing all the archaeology shows drill into your head about the Romans? Their amazing roads. What's one of the first things that Robin & crew pull up from the gloop? A letter complaining about the cruddy roads. Priceless!

- Harry

MBetz
MBetz

2:01 PM - Aug 12, 2007 #29

Harry,
While at Corbridge I was thinking of that particular letter that bemoans the fact that the road is in such horrid repair. Of course if I lived in the big town and owned a business I wouldn't be out in the country much and might not know that the roads were quagmires and full of pot holes. The town roads would be in good repair and show off the "might" of Rome. Awe the locals and all.
Matt