First, if your picture is too large, most computers come with a simple picture-editing program. Windows has one called "Paint," which you can use to reduce file size.
To Reduce File Size:
1. Open Paint (usually found in the "Accessories" folder of the Windows Start menu). Then, in Paint, open the file you want to reduce.
2. Click "Image" at the top of the screen, and then click something that looks like "Resize/Skew":
3. In the window that pops up, change the Horizontal and Vertical percentages. Usually 50% each works well. But feel free to experiment.
4. Save the file (you might want to use the "Save As" feature so you can keep the original unaltered).
OK. Now we're ready to post.
To Post a Picture:
1. Go to a forum or subforum that interests you.
2a. To start a new topic, simply click the blue "newtopic" button near the top-right of the list of forum topics.
2b. To reply to a topic that you're reading, click the blue "addreply" button at the bottom-right of the page.
3. Whether you start a topic or reply to one, a new window will open up where you can type what you want. Immediately below the box where you type, you'll see a bar that says "Attachments". In Internet Explorer it looks like this:
In Google Chrome (and possibly others) it looks like this:
4. Simply click the "Choose File" or "Browse..." button, find the picture you want to attach, and select it. (After you select one, you'll see that you can add another if you wish.)
5. Now simply click the "Post Topic" (or "Post Reply") button at the bottom of the page. That's it! You will see your topic or reply appear, and you will see that it has an attachment.
And please, if you have any difficulty or questions at all, don't hesitate to ask. Send me an e-mail or a private message and I'll be happy to help.