ianandsarah

March 12th, 2011, 6:04 pm #11

SacoHarry wrote:It all looks & sounds astounding! I can't wait to visit & see it all for myself. And I'd love to collect the reports/thoughts of folks visiting the new museums for a page here at WeDig.
Hi Harry

We've just got back from visiting Vindolanda and the Roman Army Museum. We spent over two hours in each and could easily have stayed longer. These really are world class museums, showing the superb finds to the very best effect, with 9 of the writing tablets being the crown jewels. I'd like to offer a report - where shall I send it?

Best wishes
Sarah Cuthbertson

Lesley
Lesley

March 12th, 2011, 6:10 pm #12

I second that! The displays are fantastic and using Eric Birley's study to link the displayed artefacts to the modern excavations was an inspired piece of planning.

Lesley Laws

SacoHarry

March 12th, 2011, 7:37 pm #13

A report would be wonderful! You can send it to me via e-mail: text_style@hotmail.com. I'll put it up into the Digger's Guide so anybody wanting to get a feel for the new museum will be able to find it.

Badger
Badger

March 13th, 2011, 2:45 pm #14

Hadriana's blog is worth the time to go over past posts....if you have ever been to Egypt her accounts of the place will sound very familiar....

waiting in vain for the snow to melt (here in the northern US)

Tim Wolter