Heritage Fund (or lack of)

Duncan
Duncan

December 20th, 2007, 2:10 pm #1

Sad to read that the application for Heritage Lottery Fund monies had been unsuccessful. However as Patricia says Vindolanda will survive, so onwards and downwards. I am sure I speak for many Friends when I say that I would be happy to "donate" some of my own time and effort to help the trust (outwith of excavation) in any way that it is deemed useful, so Trustees, don't be afraid to ask! There is a hell of a lot of love for, and goodwill towards the Trust and its aims, and I say lets utilise it!

Duncan
Last edited by Duncan on December 20th, 2007, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SacoHarry

December 20th, 2007, 8:16 pm #2

Hear, hear!

There's always the old "Adopt-a-Roman-Shoe" idea. And of course Andy & Justin starring in their own Vindolanda calendar a la "Calendar Girls". The mind boggles at the possibilities.

Andy
Andy

December 21st, 2007, 11:27 am #3

Cheers Guys,

Thank you as always for the much appreciated support. We are re-grouping and thinking about our options after the failed lottery bid, and will keep you all posted about opportunities to help/get involved in the work that the Vindolanda Trust undertakes in 2008 and beyond.

As for the calendar....well...Harry...lets just say we are trying to raise funds..not put people off their breakfasts :-)

Although we could do a similar thing for the volunteers......:-) there are more of you.
:)
best,

Andy
Last edited by Andy on December 21st, 2007, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.