Getting dig information to WeDig

SacoHarry

May 2nd, 2010, 11:19 pm #1

Getting access to We Dig Vindolanda's Web site from the area around Vindolanda can be tricky. There are few public Internet spots, and the more popular ones (such as at the Twice Brewed Inn) block all forum sites. Grr!

If you would like to post stories, thoughts, or pictures, but are having trouble getting to WeDig, please feel free to text or e-mail me at text_style@hotmail.com. I'm more than happy to post and relay messages. Anyone who would like to share their story or photos -- large or small, few or many, expert or novice -- is encouraged to do so.

Happy digging!

SacoHarry

May 3rd, 2010, 11:15 pm #2

It was mentioned that this would be an excellent thread to discuss where one -can- actually get Internet -- and WeDig -- access near Vindolanda. Great idea!

If anyone has tips on public places with good Internet cafes and WiFi hotspots, and questions about what sites can and can't be reached through the Northumberland County Council-run sites, please feel free to post here. Any and all questions & advice welcome. Many thanks.
Last edited by SacoHarry on May 3rd, 2010, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justin-T

May 4th, 2010, 1:02 am #3

Thanks Harry!

I have a specific question about what's accessible from Twice Brewed, given that its clear they have some form of blocking firewall set up. Can someone please test to see if access to Blogger.com is possible from there? I want to do a blog using it while I'm on site in a couple of weeks and don't want to waste my time setting something up before I leave if I won't be able to access it.

If you want to see what I've done so far and also test whether access is possible from the Twice Brewed Inn, here's where the blog is right now:

Digging Vindolanda blog

NicC
NicC

May 8th, 2010, 12:12 pm #4

Twicey has free wifi for residents: just ask at the bar for the codes. In room 15 it is a bit iffy and I believe in room 14 it is no-no. The drinks-only lounge is a good place and there are power points available (unofficially) in there. The bar seems to be OK, too (but avoid spilling your beer!).