a BIG thank you to all the volunteers of 2008

Justin
Justin

3:29 PM - Sep 15, 2008 #1

Just a quick note of thanks from all the staff at Vindolanda for all of your hard work on the dig and in the pot / bone shed this year.

Andy is across the pond at present at a certain special social function - namely Beth and Alex's wedding! :D but I know I speak for him as well when I say a massive thank you to everyone on both teams who has contributed this summer, whether it has been digging, washing, marking, sorting or even just encouraging.

Despite the best efforts of the weather to spoil things, it really has been a greatly successful season, both in terms of new buildings and small finds, but more importantly in the increased understanding of the site as a whole. If the remaining four years of our SMC produce results like this year I think we will all be very pleased indeed!

As you know, it simply wouldn't be possible without your help, so a massive thank you to everyone for all your hard work, it really is greatly appreciated!!!!!! Hopefully we'll see as many of you as possible back again in 2009. Watch out for that application form opening in early November.

Justin

brypop
brypop

9:15 PM - Sep 15, 2008 #2

I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone at Vindolanda on behalf of the volunteers, for having the patience to put up with us and the weather. As always it was a pleasure working with everyone and from my point of view Vindolanda has become like an extended family and each year it seems harder to say goodbye to everyone. Each year I come away knowing that I have to return to find out more and meet up with everyone again as well as to make new friends.
Keep up the good work everyone and see you soon.

:D :rolleyes: B) :)

Sian
Sian

9:59 PM - Sep 15, 2008 #3

I could not have put it any better so all I shall add is "ditto"! Thanks for a great 2008 everyone and roll on 2009...biblical rain storms and all! :D

Kate 13
Kate 13

8:11 AM - Sep 16, 2008 #4

Let the weather do it's worst!!! We will be back next year Justin, and every other year to come. Vindolanda rocks!!!

Thanks for having me on site and arranging for the BBC to feed us rabbit stew after a day's work. I loved every minute of this years two weeks!!! Roll on 2009!

Kate :D

brypop
brypop

9:00 PM - Sep 16, 2008 #5

Hope Valentine can make it back next year he could have a go at digging and maybe give his slant on some Roman recipes. The BBC feeding us once a week would be great.

You are right Kate the weather will not stop us uncovering the mysteries of Vindolanda.

Everybody raise a glass to the Trust, Andy, Justin, Robin, Patricia, Barbara, and all the rest of the team, bring on 2009, may it be another great year for all involved.

Cheers Bryan :D