20th Annual Charity Concert

Sue Munro

5:27 PM - May 02, 2012 #1

Hi everyone

Its that time of year again when Crosby Symphony Orchestra get ready for their annual charity concert at Liverpool's fantastic Philharmonic Hall. As ever I'll be raising funds for Vindolanda - for each adult ticket sold £5 goes to the Trust and £3 per under-16s ticket.

This year's details are as follows: -
Sunday 8th July 2012 at 2.30 pm - Philharmonic Hall

Essentially English

Walton: Crown Imperial
Holst: Somerset Rhapsody
Vaughan Williams: Greensleeves Fantasia
Parry: I was glad
Walton: Belshazzar’s Feast

Our conductor will be Robert Sells and we will be joined by Baritone soloist Louis Hurst and the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Choir.

Tickets cost £14/£7 are available from myself (just send me a message on here) or the Philharmonic Hall Box Office on 0151 709 3789. You can visit our website www.crosbysymphonyorchestra.org or our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/groups/8990951793/

Hope to see you there!

Sue

Sue Munro

6:11 PM - May 14, 2012 #2

If you would like to be involved in our fund-raising scheme for any not-for-profit group please let me know and I'll email you an application form.

Jim & Dilys

1:15 PM - May 15, 2012 #3

Hi Sue

Hope you and family are keeping well. Just a short note to let you know we've purchased 4 tickets for the Essentially English concert on 8 July 2012. Really looking forward to going, we haven't been to the Phil for ages. Will spread the word round friends/family/work colleagues.

Keep up the good work!

Best wishes
Dilys (and Jim) :)

Sue Munro

2:21 PM - May 19, 2012 #4

That's great Dilys and Jim! Long time know see.

If you have anyone else wanting tickets can you let me know so I can sell them on behalf of Vindolanda? When you buy from the box office the cost goes to paying for the hall hire, music hire etc. and any 'profit' we make is then split between the charities, so I can make more money for Vindolanda if you buy through me if that makes sense.

I'll look out for you in the interval. Better get practising!

Sue

Sue Munro

9:05 PM - Jul 04, 2012 #5

Hi everyone

Just thought I'd remind you all about our concert in Liverpool on Sunday. There are still tickets available - so far I've raised £25 for Vindolanda. Let me know if you want tickets.

Sue x

Sue Munro

2:22 PM - Jul 07, 2012 #6

£25 it is then. A cheque will be winging its way to Vindolanda soon. :)

Sue Munro

5:52 PM - Jun 07, 2013 #7

Hi all

Charity concert this year is an all-Russian affair at Liverpool's Philharmonic Hall on Sunday 30th June at 2:30 pm: -

Mussorgsky 'Pictures at an Exhibition'
Shostakovich 'Jazz Suite No. 2'
Tchaikovsky '1812 Overture' (apparently we might have cannon for that?!)

Tickets £15/£10 (under 16s and students)
Box seats £18/£12

£5 per ticket sold will be donated to Vindolanda if you buy tickets through me. If you buy from the Philharmonic Box Office it will go to the general charities pot to be shared out amongst the larger partcipating charities. Message me if you want more information or tickets.

Thanks!

Sue :P