NicC
NicC

November 1st, 2012, 1:00 pm #11

Well, I cannot wait any longer - I MUST get back to work.

kaycham
kaycham

November 1st, 2012, 1:33 pm #12

Yes, here in Oz the cyberspace fliers were working quickly to the Antipodes. I received confirmation for Period 5 about 16 minutes after applications opened (excavation only). This came about 5 minutes after the Invoice, Order and Authorization numbers came through.
Regards
Kathryn.

PS - guess who is very happy!!

Justin-T

November 1st, 2012, 2:37 pm #13

kaycham, are you saying you got the "thanks for your order" email as well as confirmation from Andy that you are accepted? I just got the confirmation that I had successfully bought the digging period.

When I click the link in that email I get a single line of text in the browser window, red bold text, saying "Error, file cannot be downloaded at this time".

Badger
Badger

November 1st, 2012, 2:46 pm #14

JustinT

In my phone call to the Vindo folks there was mention of some difficulties being also experienced "by some of your compatriots". They are of course having a rather busy morning.

Badger

Justin-T

November 1st, 2012, 3:07 pm #15

I'm guessing there's no problem beyond the fact that the server has just got too many people trying to access content at the same time. I was refreshing my browser every 10 seconds or so from 5 minutes before UK noon, so I'm confident I got in there very close to the beginning. In terms of when my browser picked up the live links, I think it actually went online at 11:58 and 50 seconds. Roughly. :D

Rhona
Rhona

November 1st, 2012, 4:33 pm #16

I thought i'd been quick enough, got a screen with an order number but no "thanks for your order" email
Mind you I was typing so quickly I might have put a type in the email address....

snowglobe

November 1st, 2012, 6:02 pm #17

My hands were shaking trying to get the booking done in a hurry but looks promising for the 29th April, had an invoice then an automated welcome letter. Looking again tonight the link has an error message but hoping all is still sorted?

Justin-T

November 1st, 2012, 6:19 pm #18

I didn't think to try the link in the email until much later in the day, still showing the same error. I'm hoping for the best though, already booked some accommodation! Waiting for more formal confirmation before I pay $2100 for two transatlantic flights though. :X

Badger
Badger

November 1st, 2012, 7:17 pm #19

Similar dead link but I suspect all is well. In my case I have it on the verbal authority of Fiona Herself.

I always wait until after 1 Jan to book flights. It used to be that the fares dropped after the holidays. Nowadays not so much.

Badger

kaycham
kaycham

November 1st, 2012, 8:14 pm #20

Hi, Justin-T, yes I received an a reply from Fiona confirming my booking, it gives the usual details of times and parking etc. Looks pretty official to me. Sorry for the slow reply but it is just 7am Friday here, just woken up, 11 hours ahead of GMT here, so was up till late last night.
Hope all the glitches get sorted out, and everyone has a good day.
Regards,
Kathryn.