Fact Checking Donald's Statements

Enter At Your Own Risk!! Very Lightly Moderated

July 11th, 2018, 5:37 pm #11

If there is a common denominator to these electoral shakeups, it is the politics of migration. The overthrown establishments all benefited from the economics of illegal immigration and used migrants as chits in a humanitarian sweepstakes in which the leader who signals the most virtue wins. Migration became a symbol for the "flat world" of globalization where not just people but also cultures, goods, and investments flowed freely, borders had little meaning, and sovereignty was pooled upwards to transnational bureaucracy as identity was reduced to racial, ethnic, religious, or sexual characteristics.

Amen.
The difference between "democracy" and "populism" is whether or not the ruling elite likes the outcome.

July 11th, 2018, 5:43 pm #12

I noticed that some people started calling themselves "progressives" during a period when being labeled a "liberal" was almost a political death sentence (certain states excepted of course).  Not that they changed their political philosophy or ideals just the label.  It's enough to make Teddy roll in his grave.

July 11th, 2018, 6:08 pm #13

NoOneFamous wrote: Hey Senior, leave Jay alone, it gives him something to do for him to think I give a damn what he says.
I like that statement. It reasserts that, currently, he isn't interested in dialogue, only "trolling," as he admitted earlier. He doesn't start topics to start discussions, he just wants to... I believe the phrase was "cause discomfort" and move on to another chance to "cause discomfort."

I don't mind so much what he does, but it annoys me that he does it so poorly. My goal is to get him to "up his game," to occasionally demonstrate that he can do more than just cut and paste liberal talking points. It'd be nice if, every now and then, he'd actually defend his cut-and-pasted talking points and elaborate on them.

July 11th, 2018, 6:42 pm #14

No Jay, I don't respond to you, now you have a nice day.
Morons Are Governing America

July 11th, 2018, 6:48 pm #15

"Hey! Hey, you! Are you listening? I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU!"

So you just want to ask questions, but choose to ignore someone who actually answers them?

July 11th, 2018, 11:39 pm #16

NoOneFamous wrote: Hey Senior, leave Jay alone, it gives him something to do for him to think I give a damn what he says.
Giving a damn what Jay writes will just have to be another thing you and I will have to agree to disagree on, old buddy.😉
"If you think they’re going to give you THEIR country back without a fight, you are sadly mistaken.

July 11th, 2018, 11:42 pm #17

IcelofAngeln wrote: If there is a common denominator to these electoral shakeups, it is the politics of migration. The overthrown establishments all benefited from the economics of illegal immigration and used migrants as chits in a humanitarian sweepstakes in which the leader who signals the most virtue wins. Migration became a symbol for the "flat world" of globalization where not just people but also cultures, goods, and investments flowed freely, borders had little meaning, and sovereignty was pooled upwards to transnational bureaucracy as identity was reduced to racial, ethnic, religious, or sexual characteristics.

Amen.
I second that.
"If you think they’re going to give you THEIR country back without a fight, you are sadly mistaken.

July 12th, 2018, 7:25 am #18

NoOneFamous wrote: No Jay, I don't respond to you, now you have a nice day.
You idiot.  

July 12th, 2018, 7:26 am #19

NOF is just another morally bankrupt, policy bereft leftard that stands for nothing.

July 12th, 2018, 9:20 am #20

Jay Tea NH wrote: I shouldn't give away trade secrets here, but...

If you think of Trump's Twitter feed and off-the-cuff remarks as a laser pointer and his political opponents as cats, it suddenly all makes perfect sense.

Especially when you take the effort to ignore Trump's laser pointer and look what he and (especially) his key people are doing.

Here's another question: If, at the beginning, Trump had told his top people "here's the broad strokes of what I want you to do. You focus on that while I keep all our political enemies all distracted and focused on me. Trust me, they'll be so obsessed with hating me you'll get a crap-ton of stuff done."

If he had done that, what would be different today?

Just a pet theory I've had. I got nothing to back it up except this: it's incredibly consistent with what's actually happened so far in the Trump administration.
But that's not what happened. There's a story about a civil servant-type wanting an idea of the new Administrations aims & program. So after the election he sat opposite Donald with a pen and paper and asked "what are your immediate plans? Give me 3 things you want to accomplish!"

Apparently non of them had an answer for him. IIRC the story comes from the Wolfe book.

Donald grabbing attention is what Donald does: all eyes on him.
A moron is in charge of America. Let's make America great again!