WA U16s Asian Tour

Discuss the WA Juniors here!

WA U16s Asian Tour

SprootDook
Advanced Member
SprootDook
Advanced Member

30 Jul 2017, 11:17 #1

Recently Football West sent a State Rep U16 side to Asia, from memory China. Great to see they have been proactive in sending these lads however I do have some concerns.

I am reliable informed the FW media manager Jonathon Cook as well as the FW CEO James Curtis are also part of this tour, I stand to be corrected as acting on third party information (Which I believe to be sound)

Considering the above, why do I find it so so difficult to find any media / reports / information on how the lads are going, who they are playing, team sheets etc etc.

I personally will be happy for someone to explain to me that I have been looking in the wrong places?

spudboy
Advanced Member
spudboy
Advanced Member

30 Jul 2017, 15:14 #2

Mull
Advanced Member
Mull
Advanced Member

31 Jul 2017, 03:59 #3

SprootDook @ Jul 30 2017, 07:17 PM wrote: Recently Football West sent a State Rep U16 side to Asia, from memory China. Great to see they have been proactive in sending these lads however I do have some concerns.

I am reliable informed the FW media manager Jonathon Cook as well as the FW CEO James Curtis are also part of this tour, I stand to be corrected as acting on third party information (Which I believe to be sound)

Considering the above, why do I find it so so difficult to find any media / reports / information on how the lads are going, who they are playing, team sheets etc etc.

I personally will be happy for someone to explain to me that I have been looking in the wrong places?

More rep footy good......

To many hanger-ons bad.....

Better be paying his own way for the unnecessary sojourn.....

****think I was told they bagged a 4-1 or 6-1 loss over Chyna...*say like Donald trump*....could be wrong.
They don't like to talk about kids on tour .....thinks it places to much pressure on them?....whatever.

Fence sitter
Advanced Member
Fence sitter
Advanced Member

01 Aug 2017, 05:44 #4

Where and when were the trials advertised. Know a few kids that would have trialed had they known.

Mull
Advanced Member
Mull
Advanced Member

02 Aug 2017, 01:16 #5

Fence sitter @ Aug 1 2017, 01:44 PM wrote: Where and when were the trials advertised. Know a few kids that would have trialed had they known.

I vaguely remember seeing them advertised......ill try hunt down the link.......

But regardless ......these rep sides are advertised for protocol only.....these rep sides are decided on well in advance of trials.

If FFAFWNdlwapg/NTC don't release their juniors to participate......it gets offered to schoolchildren from schools with football programs........PFT academy children....past players kids.........to parents who may be committee members from any club ........volunteers etc ....etc...by association generally.(cronyism).
Been like that for a while now .....it's the culture.....it stems from back n the day when numbers participating was low....so word of mouth was common/ essential....

I've watched kids dominate at trials both ends of the pitch without a mistake made all trial session ....only to be omitted at the first cut.....whilst lesser likes are kept on....then ya go back and check the names in the final squad......then you see the connection.

I believe they (selectors)hide behind discretionary powers OR subjective opinions.......you could get away with it back in the old days and they still do......but now ,what with social media and all......they should really pull their heads in......regarding looking after their cronies.Becuase it will be brought up for examination.....
..........when dealing with junior football in W.A. it should NEVER BE ASSUMED that the decision makers will act with integrity.THERE IS ALWAYS A CONNECTION..........FULLSTOP!

spudboy
Advanced Member
spudboy
Advanced Member

02 Aug 2017, 13:52 #6

Mull @ Aug 2 2017, 09:16 AM wrote:
Fence sitter @ Aug 1 2017, 01:44 PM wrote: Where and when were the trials advertised. Know a few kids that would have trialed had they known.

I vaguely remember seeing them advertised......ill try hunt down the link.......

But regardless ......these rep sides are advertised for protocol only.....these rep sides are decided on well in advance of trials.

If FFAFWNdlwapg/NTC don't release their juniors to participate......it gets offered to schoolchildren from schools with football programs........PFT academy children....past players kids.........to parents who may be committee members from any club ........volunteers etc ....etc...by association generally.(cronyism).
Been like that for a while now .....it's the culture.....it stems from back n the day when numbers participating was low....so word of mouth was common/ essential....

I've watched kids dominate at trials both ends of the pitch without a mistake made all trial session ....only to be omitted at the first cut.....whilst lesser likes are kept on....then ya go back and check the names in the final squad......then you see the connection.

I believe they (selectors)hide behind discretionary powers OR subjective opinions.......you could get away with it back in the old days and they still do......but now ,what with social media and all......they should really pull their heads in......regarding looking after their cronies.Becuase it will be brought up for examination.....
..........when dealing with junior football in W.A. it should NEVER BE ASSUMED that the decision makers will act with integrity.THERE IS ALWAYS A CONNECTION..........FULLSTOP!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q...x6byHUS_sjj5euw

Fence sitter
Advanced Member
Fence sitter
Advanced Member

03 Aug 2017, 08:40 #7

Mull @ Aug 2 2017, 09:16 AM wrote:

Just another reason why football in this country is going backwards. A lot of very good players dropping out because being looked over and not given a chance.