Discuss the Second Division here!

Round 17 Tips

Shadow Boxer
Advanced Member
Shadow Boxer
Advanced Member

07 Aug 2017, 03:40 #1

Getting to the pointy end of the season with some interesting fixtures

Shamrock v Gwelup 0-5 Gwelup to get closer to the plus 70 goal difference a remarkable performance really

Melville v Kelmscott 2-0 after last weeks 3 red cards and Kelmys injuries hard to see them getting anything out of this game.

Morley v Quinns 3-1 I think after this week Morley will have 2nd place all stitched up but I don't think they will blow Quinns off the park as they are not yet out of relegation trouble and will fight hard

Wanneroo v Swan 3-2 From all reports Wanneroo were well on top last week before the sending offs and should account for Swan at home. Massive game for both Clubs and a loss either way will be a huge blow to top 4 aspirations

Curtin v Kingsway 1-1 tough to win at Curtin when you aren't use to the sprinklers going on. Curtin are rallying and will give Kingsway a fright

Balga no game and don't think Vrteski will be going to watch Gwelup on the weekend 😜

longterminjuries
Advanced Member
longterminjuries
Advanced Member

07 Aug 2017, 23:42 #2

Shamrock v Gwelup 1-10 gwelup to run riot

Melville v Kelmscott 4-1 melville to get over the undermanned kelmscott

Morley v Quinns 6-1 morley to soldier on and push teams aside

Wanneroo v Swan 2-2 both teams playing even game but could go either way as im leaning towards wanneroo if anything maybe sneaking it (3-2).

Curtin v Kingsway 2-3 kingsways to continue to slowly climb the ladder.

Balga to enjoy another week break for the second in 3 weeks.

Innocent Bystander
Advanced Member
Innocent Bystander
Advanced Member

08 Aug 2017, 07:14 #3

Shadow Boxer @ Aug 7 2017, 11:40 AM wrote: Wanneroo v Swan 3-2 "From all reports Wanneroo were well on top last week before the sending offs"

From all reports ? 😂

Carn Shadowboxer I'd be dissapointed if you weren't paying attention from the sidelines 🤷🏼‍♂️😉

Honest_abe
Advanced Member
Honest_abe
Advanced Member

09 Aug 2017, 10:32 #4

Shamrock v Gwelup (1-4)
Shamrock to really park the bus this weekend but Gwelup to get the job done easily!

Melville v Kelmscott (1-1) poor old Kelmscott had a rough weekend last week with 3x players seeing red and the coach also being sent off they should still have enough to hold Melville.

Morley v Quinns (2-0) Quinns have a big few games coming up but i don't see any points in this one. Morley to start wrapping up 2nd place.

Wanneroo v Swan (2-1) Game of the round and could go either way. Wanneroo have home advantage and (all goals in the first half)

Curtin v Kingsway (1-2) Greenmachine to get the job done but the curtin pitch is terrible in the rain.....probably doesnt help with that sprinkler problem they have haha

Balga - N/A

KelmscottFC
Advanced Member
KelmscottFC
Advanced Member

10 Aug 2017, 02:04 #5

Innocent Bystander @ Aug 8 2017, 03:14 PM wrote:
Shadow Boxer @ Aug 7 2017, 11:40 AM wrote: Wanneroo v Swan 3-2 "From all reports Wanneroo were well on top last week before the sending offs"

From all reports ? 😂

Carn Shadowboxer I'd be dissapointed if you weren't paying attention from the sidelines 🤷🏼‍♂️😉

Would hardly say on top haha but where the better team.

Our squad is going to be stretched to its absolute limits this week, but will still field a fairly strong line up.

8 first team players (who would be in the best 11) all out this weekend.

Good luck to everyone.

Honest_abe
Advanced Member
Honest_abe
Advanced Member

10 Aug 2017, 03:24 #6

KelmscottFC @ Aug 10 2017, 10:04 AM wrote:

From all reports ? 😂

Our squad is going to be stretched to its absolute limits this week, but will still field a fairly strong line up.

Good luck to everyone.

what happened only 5 suspended on the suspensions page? What did Sully do to get 6 games?

ianmunro
Advanced Member
ianmunro
Advanced Member

10 Aug 2017, 03:36 #7

I must have missed who is now the Kelmscott 1st team coach so can someone please advise.
Ian Munro

owneroperator
Advanced Member
owneroperator
Advanced Member

10 Aug 2017, 05:18 #8

Honest_abe @ Aug 10 2017, 11:24 AM wrote:
KelmscottFC @ Aug 10 2017, 10:04 AM wrote:

From all reports ? 😂

Good luck to everyone.

what happened only 5 suspended on the suspensions page? What did Sully do to get 6 games?

probably injuries, holidays, etc... always happens.

it's interesting how much injuries affect some teams but other teams seem to be able to attract more depth... is this a budget constraint?

owneroperator
Advanced Member
owneroperator
Advanced Member

10 Aug 2017, 05:49 #9

ianmunro @ Aug 10 2017, 11:36 AM wrote: I must have missed who is now the Kelmscott 1st team coach so can someone please advise.
Ian Munro

listed on suspensions list as Aron Beattie (Coach).
One of their blokes got 6 weeks too... wonder what he said/did!?

http://footballwest.com.au/wp-content/uplo...SUSP2017-37.pdf

KelmscottFC
Advanced Member
KelmscottFC
Advanced Member

11 Aug 2017, 00:05 #10

Sulley apparently said some ill choice words to the ref, straight after the ref gave the keeper a second yellow for coming off his line to save the pen.

Kelmscott will always struggle in ways to attract a large qty of good players due to the catchment area. We currently have lads driving over an hour to attend training each week.