promotion to div 2

Discuss the Amateur Premier Division here!

promotion to div 2

frenc11
Advanced Member
frenc11
Advanced Member
Joined: April 4th, 2017, 3:29 pm

July 17th, 2017, 10:54 am #1

looks like wembley might go up to div 2 next year , how do you think they will go and will they be as good as gwelup are this year
Quote
Like
Share

Shadow Boxer
Advanced Member
Shadow Boxer
Advanced Member
Joined: April 29th, 2015, 12:10 am

July 19th, 2017, 9:09 am #2

frenc11 @ Jul 17 2017, 06:54 PM wrote: looks like wembley might go up to div 2 next year , how do you think they will go and will they be as good as gwelup are this year

Assuming they win the league I'm not sure promotion is a foregone conclusion. It's something that the members and board would need to vote/ decide upon.

Should they win the league and accept promotion, I think given their current squad (only watched them play 2 games this year) they would be very competitive maybe top 4 but you can't put Wembley in the same sentence as Gwelup.

Gwelup in my opinion is a mid table NPL squad currently playing in Div 2!
Quote
Like
Share

frenc11
Advanced Member
frenc11
Advanced Member
Joined: April 4th, 2017, 3:29 pm

July 19th, 2017, 12:15 pm #3

Shadow Boxer @ Jul 19 2017, 05:09 PM wrote:
frenc11 @ Jul 17 2017, 06:54 PM wrote: looks like wembley might go up to div 2 next year , how do you think they will go and will they be as good as gwelup are this year

Assuming they win the league I'm not sure promotion is a foregone conclusion. It's something that the members and board would need to vote/ decide upon.

Should they win the league and accept promotion, I think given their current squad (only watched them play 2 games this year) they would be very competitive maybe top 4 but you can't put Wembley in the same sentence as Gwelup.

Gwelup in my opinion is a mid table NPL squad currently playing in Div 2!

yes your are right SHADOW BOXER a comparison with gwelup is wishful thinking , gwelup are a awesome side and not may NPL teams would beat them
Quote
Like
Share

Shadow Boxer
Advanced Member
Shadow Boxer
Advanced Member
Joined: April 29th, 2015, 12:10 am

July 20th, 2017, 5:00 am #4

frenc11 @ Jul 19 2017, 08:15 PM wrote:
Shadow Boxer @ Jul 19 2017, 05:09 PM wrote:
frenc11 @ Jul 17 2017, 06:54 PM wrote: looks like wembley might go up to div 2 next year , how do you think they will go and will they be as good as gwelup are this year

Assuming they win the league I'm not sure promotion is a foregone conclusion. It's something that the members and board would need to vote/ decide upon.

Should they win the league and accept promotion, I think given their current squad (only watched them play 2 games this year) they would be very competitive maybe top 4 but you can't put Wembley in the same sentence as Gwelup.

Gwelup in my opinion is a mid table NPL squad currently playing in Div 2!

yes your are right SHADOW BOXER a comparison with gwelup is wishful thinking , gwelup are a awesome side and not may NPL teams would beat them

Frenc11 I'll go as far as to say this, of the Clubs in Div 1 ambitious about promotion to NPL, do it this year cause I'm am afraid next years Div 1 winner is this years Div 2 winner. Anyway Gwelup talk is for another thread.

All the best to Wembley for the remainder of the season. I know President Athan and his committee have done a great job with Club for many years now. Would be good for the State League for a decent club to be promoted
Quote
Like
Share

frenc11
Advanced Member
frenc11
Advanced Member
Joined: April 4th, 2017, 3:29 pm

August 14th, 2017, 8:21 am #5

another good win on sunday by wembley against third placed north perth , keeps them ahead of the pack
Quote
Like
Share

frenc11
Advanced Member
frenc11
Advanced Member
Joined: April 4th, 2017, 3:29 pm

September 18th, 2017, 7:13 am #6

wembly have won the league , hopefully they take the option of promotion to div 2 , either way well done to the club and players for a great season
Quote
Like
Share

frenc11
Advanced Member
frenc11
Advanced Member
Joined: April 4th, 2017, 3:29 pm

October 16th, 2017, 4:43 am #7

wembley has declined the offer of promotion to division two for season 2018 , i wish them the best in amatuer premier league next season , hopefullly they will be ready for promotion if they win the league in 2018 , would of been nice to see them playing on saturday
Quote
Like
Share