New Gen Socceroos

Discuss the game outside of Australia here!

New Gen Socceroos

Fence sitter
Advanced Member
Fence sitter
Advanced Member

24 Mar 2017, 01:56 #1

Is it just me or are the Socceroos getting worse. The way they are playing they don't deserve to get to the World Cup finals and if they do it would be embarrassing.

TIMMY
Advanced Member
TIMMY
Advanced Member

24 Mar 2017, 03:46 #2

couldn't believe what i watched last night,,,,,,,,postaclogu has every body conned, absolute crap, aust will not qualify players not good enough at this level.....

Mull
Advanced Member
Mull
Advanced Member

24 Mar 2017, 05:17 #3

Out coached=3 man defence....who the hell does he think he is?

No cam=thought conditions could have suited r.Edwards.....

No genuine striker=mooy misses a side foot front and centre and so does juric (granted not 9s)back stick same play to make it 2-0....thought mclaren should be given more opertunity to show what he can do.

We got bashed up.....and that used to be the only thing we could hang our hats on.....even that hardness has disappeared.

Only ones I'd keep going are jedinak and mooy......and we need to see how troisi handles himself internationally ASwell as sainsbury.....
.....The rest I've seen enough of ....I don't wanna say they not good enough....but they certainly not consistent enough and they are prone to the odd howler or two....can't have that.

Thing that concerns me mostly is ...it's taking to long to wake up and address our defficiencies....
Most pundits have been bangin on about the problems for years now...

I think they'll qualify.....but agree they'll embarras themselves during the finals....with that crew sent out last night.

spudboy
Advanced Member
spudboy
Advanced Member

24 Mar 2017, 05:45 #4

TIMMY @ Mar 24 2017, 11:46 AM wrote: couldn't believe what i watched last night,,,,,,,,postaclogu has every body conned, absolute crap, aust will not qualify players not good enough at this level.....

Shit yeah the Australian public are being conned, much like some of our local NPL coaches and TD's are doing to YOU locals..........just saying ;) ;)

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

09 Jun 2017, 13:56 #5

Very disappointing act by the Saudi players during the minute silence. However not as disappointing as the performance of the Australian team. I don't think anything can motivate this Australian team to play better (even the disrespect shown by the Saudi players). It is about time Ange started to play players who want to be there or he should resign. Because the current crop of players do not look as if they want to play for their country. And the future doesn't look any better as cronyism is ripe right from the top down to junior state teams.