jesus
jesus

September 14th, 2018, 12:34 am #11

who the fuck listens to Normo except Normo and Eamon they both talk that much shit its unbelievable lol

leicesterfan
Advanced Member
leicesterfan
Advanced Member

September 17th, 2018, 2:16 am #12

Heard from a friend of a friend that Graham has been sacked. Not sure how true it is, but he seemed quite adamant.

Crab
Advanced Member
Crab
Advanced Member

September 17th, 2018, 4:06 am #13

I see the silly season in our comedy senior league has commenced much earlier this time

• (if true) Normo takes a team undefeated through the season, wins the title then gets sacked
  • Gibson is widely acclaimed for taking his Glory kiddies to the runner up in both league and top 4 but Sage activates the ‘Glory Boys club rule’ and is sacked
  • ECU announce their coaching line up for 2019 all of a few weeks after the season finished and give Dale another season to add to his 6 and a half trophyless seasons of mediocrity
  • Forrie part ways with Social Media personality Rod Banjo claiming he needs a well-deserved rest whilst stating in the same paragraph they will sit down with him to discuss his next role with the club. Eh.. wot ?!
  • MUMMYFC ask their players who have just trained all season to fill out an Expression of Interest which requests super important information such as “preferred foot”, if they want to go back there and play next year…no no, I’m not making this shit up…

Only in our local league. 😆

At least it will make for an entertaining off season…

Just Watching
Advanced Member
Just Watching
Advanced Member

September 17th, 2018, 4:16 am #14

Crab wrote: I see the silly season in our comedy senior league has commenced much earlier this time

• (if true) Normo takes a team undefeated through the season, wins the title then gets sacked
  • Gibson is widely acclaimed for taking his Glory kiddies to the runner up in both league and top 4 but Sage activates the ‘Glory Boys club rule’ and is sacked
  • ECU announce their coaching line up for 2019 all of a few weeks after the season finished and give Dale another season to add to his 6 and a half trophyless seasons of mediocrity
  • Forrie part ways with Social Media personality Rod Banjo claiming he needs a well-deserved rest whilst stating in the same paragraph they will sit down with him to discuss his next role with the club. Eh.. wot ?!
  • MUMMYFC ask their players who have just trained all season to fill out an Expression of Interest which requests super important information such as “preferred foot”, if they want to go back there and play next year…no no, I’m not making this shit up…

Must admit to have a great laugh at MUMMYFC asking for expressions of interest from past players if they want to come back next season. They will definitely be the team to beat next season with this sort of selection process. 😂

Crab
Advanced Member
Crab
Advanced Member

September 17th, 2018, 4:29 am #15

Just Watching wrote:
Crab wrote: I see the silly season in our comedy senior league has commenced much earlier this time

Must admit to have a great laugh at MUMMYFC asking for expressions of interest from past players if they want to come back next season. They will definitely be the team to beat next season with this sort of selection process. 😂
The comedy in our league writes itself really

you think they extended that requirement to the coach Gavin Brown and his assistants after 5 years of nothing in a god awful Saturday 3rd tier ?

Only fair right... 

footballhead
Advanced Member
footballhead
Advanced Member

September 18th, 2018, 3:39 pm #16

Mull wrote: Crab,
Nothing against Normo,he’s old school .....whatever.....
I agree with most what he says......
In particular but not only......the fact the coaches aren’t insisting on higher standards from their players...players don’t do enough ball work away from training.....the players running the agenda ,threatening mutiny should they not get their way,turning up late for training...training only one session a week....leaving clubs quaking atvthe thought of skeleton squads on the weekend......etc etc.....

But this is how some the punters saw it....and I’m sure the greater public who have listened to it unfold sees it......

The first fixture played on the 16.06.2018 at swans home...kingsway win 0-1.....
.....A lady from swans (possibly bitter from the loss but maybe genuine)complains about Normo behaviour (on feacesbook)...in close proximity to the spectators....
Being a female complanent and because she was present on the day Normo s daughter gets involved (on feacesbook)and decides to defend his honour...(this is a major issue when someone emotionally attached and/or people other than a official manager/representative are piping up....mothers/fathers the same)...it doesn’t go down well.

Time passes but the bitterness remained and the return fixture is upon us.....”the duffman” being the good little journo that he is ;and the fact that his longtime mate and radio colleague Normo reminds him of the bad blood between the two clubs.....gets wind of the impending “blockbuster” and travels to kingsway.
The game is played at kingsway reserve on the 08.09.2018 generally without incident . A Monterosso equaliser LATE IN THE GAME and from all accounts was a fair result finishing 2-2.
.....But the “duffman” needs more so when the salacious conversation ,information or possibly even misinformation of resting players by the swans footy club comes to light .....the “duffman”is all over it.....informing ole mate and the feacesbook public group of his findings.

Timmy from wanneroo gets involved by basically saying that a coach should be able to manage and prepare his squadron as he sees fit....and that the swans coach should be allowed to nurse his squadron through into a finals series if he wants to....included saying that Normo would do the same.

Normo sees red......lol.

....Normo takes it personally.....and sees it as “Timmy speaking for him”..
.....Normo also feels the resting of players is a VINDICTIVE ACT with the swans thumbing their nose at him in light of the historic ongoings and bitterness...The memories of the lady from swans calling him a  POTTYMOUTH all come flooding back and  loses his shit over the fact that wanneroo could now beat the swannies by a cricket score.....giving the Roos an opertunity to beat the kingsway side and winning the league on the final day on goal difference....
.....a bitter pill to swallow after the kingsway are undefeated all season..
Because he felt like Timmy was speaking for him Normo backed by the duffman plays  his deuce.....he gets the wanneroo coach on the wireless ...grills him on integrity of the game ...and when it’s all said and done ALMOST signs off from the guest without even mentioning the wanneroo win on the weekend and the fine season they have had...

Have I left anything out?...
I would add that when Normo posed the question "what would you do" well i don't know but I'm thinking it was from the horses mouth maybe you notify football west who the horse was. Surely it at least puts the club on notice but at the end of the day..holding on to a what if seems much more enticing. Could it also ne rather petty that a man who has coached since he was 17 fell for a simple mind fuck by an opposition. After all.if you're gonna play naughty..why tell the world first. Me thinks this was more the foolish pride of a dinosaur getting carried away with what was banter..something normo would have done on more than 1 occassion in the last well..100 years. As for the show..
1- when you ask a question..let the guy answer it
2- actually interview the person on their team not use the session to defend a mate.
3- maybe recognise the wanneroo coach isn't a spokesperson for another club
4- do what evans does and speak of only what you know
5- journalist integrity is..if you have a source or a reference use it. Don't say "i heard"..or "I'm almost sure". Anyone can do the i heard game
6- dont get over emotional people on the show

Now some free advice..winning at all costs and as a foundation of your coaching comes at a price. Do not tell me integrity is not one of those

Crab
Advanced Member
Crab
Advanced Member

Yesterday, 4:09 am #17

^^^^
Mate, whilst I understand what you’re saying (to an extent) allow me to put my 2c in.
Firstly regarding that particular show and during ‘that’ debate the whole thing should have been better handled by the Eamon who really should have known better and stepped in at the right time and moved Normo on.
Secondly, as much as Normo can go full Normo at times he is also probably the most successful coach in the local leagues history, has a very good reputation for developing young talent, has a very sound football mind and like him or not he rightfully deserves some respect for all that. He’s just taken the local codes basket case and just won the league….. undefeated. Any respect for that ? Did he get his info wrong – maybe. Does he need a spell away from the mic – maybe. Is he good for the show – abso-fucking-lutely.
Take it from a few of us that listen to the show from time to time, if you took away Normo’s directness, his grittiness, his opinion, his shambolic mic etiquette -  what are we left with – 2 hours (read that again – 2 HOURS !) of blokes back slapping each other, Eamon murdering people’s names, luke warm conversationzzzzzz with the very very occasional prickly question thrown in to jolt the listeners out of their slumber.

Do we really want that ?     

Wolfpack
Advanced Member
Wolfpack
Advanced Member

Yesterday, 4:43 am #18

Looks like a 2 game ban for Normo coming out of last week's show, ruling him out helping Dianella beat Swan in the play-offs.

Mull
Advanced Member
Mull
Advanced Member

Yesterday, 6:48 am #19

spuddie wrote: Move on lads 'nothing to see here' 👍🏽
You sure about that spud?....

spuddie
Advanced Member
spuddie
Advanced Member

Yesterday, 2:00 pm #20

Ha - yep I certainly missed the mark on this one, it's very much like a Monty Python skit mind you! 
That Normo is certainly a 'wascal'