Explain this please

Discuss the NPL here!

Explain this please

Citizen
Advanced Member
Citizen
Advanced Member
Joined: 28 Oct 2015, 10:03

15 Jun 2017, 13:50 #1

So a young player from WA Mitch Oxborough has been released by Perth Glory, he wanted to play in WA in the NPL however, because he was registered for Perth Glory in the NPL he is not allowed to play here. The reason is you cannot play for 3 clubs in a season.

We then have an overseas player coming to play in the NPL for Perth SC a new signing having been out of contract in Scotland, a visa player coming for 10-12 games.

Seriously have we gone mad over here, FW killing our game and players.
Reply
Like

uplikeasalmon
Advanced Member
uplikeasalmon
Advanced Member
Joined: 23 Aug 2013, 07:41

16 Jun 2017, 06:37 #2

seems like traditional football west logic

There is one WA player that has played for three clubs this season.

Callum Dobbs played for Glory, Baysie and now Bunbury.

Obviously Baysie would of raised this with Football West
Reply
Like

Lamagica
Advanced Member
Lamagica
Advanced Member
Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 07:10

16 Jun 2017, 08:06 #3

Citizen @ Jun 15 2017, 09:50 PM wrote: So a young player from WA Mitch Oxborough has been released by Perth Glory, he wanted to play in WA in the NPL however, because he was registered for Perth Glory in the NPL he is not allowed to play here. The reason is you cannot play for 3 clubs in a season.

We then have an overseas player coming to play in the NPL for Perth SC a new signing having been out of contract in Scotland, a visa player coming for 10-12 games.

Seriously have we gone mad over here, FW killing our game and players.

hmmmm....if he's registered with glory, which is his second club that stopped him going to Baysie?????
Reply
Like

Mull
Advanced Member
Mull
Advanced Member
Joined: 11 Nov 2013, 03:08

16 Jun 2017, 08:17 #4

Lamagica @ Jun 16 2017, 04:06 PM wrote:
Citizen @ Jun 15 2017, 09:50 PM wrote: So a young player from WA Mitch Oxborough has been released by Perth Glory, he wanted to play in WA in the NPL however,   because he was registered for Perth Glory in the NPL he is not allowed to play here.  The reason is you cannot play for 3 clubs in a season.

We then have an overseas player coming to play in the NPL for Perth SC a new signing having been out of contract in Scotland, a visa player coming for 10-12 games.

Seriously have we gone mad over here,  FW killing our game and players.

hmmmm....if he's registered with glory, which is his second club that stopped him going to Baysie?????

I don't even remember him playing a game for ffanplwafwpg this year.....FFAPG yes but not ffanplwafwpg. :blink:
Either way there's way better players around than him...how about rewarding a player from ya reserves lists who are pretty much winning the league.
Reply
Like

Shooter
Advanced Member
Shooter
Advanced Member
Joined: 20 Jun 2015, 14:28

16 Jun 2017, 08:31 #5

uplikeasalmon @ Jun 16 2017, 02:37 PM wrote: seems like traditional football west logic

There is one WA player that has played for three clubs this season.

Callum Dobbs played for Glory, Baysie and now Bunbury.

Obviously Baysie would of raised this with Football West

Oh dear boys sounds like another balls up, why would we not want a young ex A league wa boy playing in our comp so they are saying that glory npl are not connected in anyway to the glory senior team thats what their saying it's three different clubs how is that possible??? Rules state that the window closes for an marquee players who has to be Aussie born and just coming out of a professional contract is 31-07-17 I think he ticks all the boxes subi lawyers required haha
Reply
Like

Diesel
Advanced Member
Diesel
Advanced Member
Joined: 15 Jul 2013, 11:57

16 Jun 2017, 10:57 #6

Has Dobbs played for all three sides this year?
Reply
Like

Citizen
Advanced Member
Citizen
Advanced Member
Joined: 28 Oct 2015, 10:03

16 Jun 2017, 11:38 #7

Surely WA NPL should welcome with open arms local ex Glory players who will raise the profile of the league and actually stimulate interest from a wider football supporting public. They might actually go and watch a recent Glory player and you never know follow the NPL while the Glory are in their off season.

Anything to create interest in our game must be the priority.

Reply
Like

NorfZone
Advanced Member
NorfZone
Advanced Member
Joined: 13 Jul 2013, 05:05

17 Jun 2017, 00:51 #8

Good thread mr/miss/ms Citizen and fellow football family members.

Whilst the funny comment above re: Subi Legal is made in jest, on a somewhat more serious note if the SAFC were pursuing such a player my money would be on them successfully landing their target. So whilst we take the piss I am finding the importance of timely and affordable legal advice in WA football is as important as rostering the gate, bar and canteen.

On the WA football vine I am hearing that there a few Oxborough like cases before the governing body. These boys have been released, they are essentially unemployed footballers and they are being denied 10 weeks of a short term contract and it is nothing short of restriction of trade.

I am somewhat confused as to how the apparent 3 clubs in year FIFA ruling applies here unless the 2 PGFC sides are deemed to be different clubs when the official purple and white PR and marketing machine (e.g., their website, social media and CEO) do not seem to delineate any great difference other than age?

Who the fk really knows?
Reply
Like

Mull
Advanced Member
Mull
Advanced Member
Joined: 11 Nov 2013, 03:08

17 Jun 2017, 01:10 #9

The rule is a good one.....

The league is apparently for identifying local talent and offering a pathway......
The lad has/was/is already been identified...
A new player now needs to be identified and given opertunity.....
If this is the reason for the 3 club ruling in W.A. .....im happy with that....

Should the ffafwnplwapg be deemed two different clubs?.........absolutely not !

Reply
Like

Citizen
Advanced Member
Citizen
Advanced Member
Joined: 28 Oct 2015, 10:03

17 Jun 2017, 13:36 #10

The point is we should be encouraging ex Glory players into the NPL, look at the buzz Steve Mcgarry created up in Joondalup when he first played, full credit to ECU for making a pakage to get him playing for the club.
Creates interest in our game which we desperately need.
Reply
Like