Saturday 23rd September 3pm

Gosnells v Swan at Walter Padbury Reserve

Morley v Wanneroo Wooton Reserve

Tuesday 26th September 7pm

Swan v Gosnells (Venue TBA)

Wanneroo v Morley at Wanneroo

leicesterfan

18 Sep 2017, 04:11 #2

Should have made the two Saturday games different times to possibly attract bigger crowds.

Why is Swans home ground TBA? That ground gives them a HUGE advantage. Maybe no lighting?

Covelli
Advanced Member
Covelli
Advanced Member

26 Sep 2017, 12:59 #3

The Play-Offs are a bit of joke really, No disrespect to Swan United who finished Fourth, which is no where near a promotion birth in reality, can still be promoted should they have some good fortune in a play-off scenario.

The team that finishes runner-up in the league proper, gets nothing potentially for finishing runner-up!

Sorry not a fan!

Greenpitch
Advanced Member
Greenpitch
Advanced Member

27 Sep 2017, 00:55 #4

I do understand an argument for just having a straight play off 2nd vs 2nd bottom.

However I also do think it keeps the league interesting. Think of the game between Kingsway and Swan last game of the season and the excitement it had around that game, the intensity it was played at - which is how recent games for teams nearby the 4 would be playing - compared to what the bottom 4/5 teams which have been playing with nothing on the line ( when Shamrock were confirmed down especially).

I was at the Wanneroo vs Morley game last night and on the weekend. Morley were by far a class above Wanneroo and were never threatened in either fixture. Should be good games against Gosnells.
- Tony

longterminjuries
Advanced Member
longterminjuries
Advanced Member

29 Sep 2017, 01:20 #5

Greenpitch @ Sep 27 2017, 08:55 AM wrote: I do understand an argument for just having a straight play off 2nd vs 2nd bottom.

However I also do think it keeps the league interesting. Think of the game between Kingsway and Swan last game of the season and the excitement it had around that game, the intensity it was played at - which is how recent games for teams nearby the 4 would be playing - compared to what the bottom 4/5 teams which have been playing with nothing on the line ( when Shamrock were confirmed down especially).

I was at the Wanneroo vs Morley game last night and on the weekend. Morley were by far a class above Wanneroo and were never threatened in either fixture. Should be good games against Gosnells.

good luck to morley and gosnells in the final.

Be good to see morley back in div1 a club with a lot of history and shouldnt be playing in the lower leagues all the best to both teams though.