- ffa forcing a strip clash – Phoenix Victory game
- ffa forcing playing on poor pitch – Phoenix Victory game
- fw great idea to expand junior npl to 19 clubs
- fw games full of poor refereeing
- glory last in a league
- glory youth team last
- npl clubs changing coaches doing a good job
- a league and npl clubs not changing coaches that loose nearly every week

How do these persons keep their jobs? Time for ceos to hand their resignations. Time for board members to resign. Time for incompetent persons running npl clubs to resign. Time for coaches that loose every week to resign.

We need a big change, we need persons who have strong European pedigree to run our beloved game and coach. IMO, I only know 2 persons living in WA that can easily replace ceos and coaches.

zampa
zampa

07 Dec 2015, 00:54 #2

Think about what you are proposing, the majority should resign and you know of only two people that can take their places. I know it's not perfect, but if you're going to criticize at least make it constructive and put forward some of your own remedies.

Dace
Dace

07 Dec 2015, 03:37 #3

fortheWAgame @ Dec 7 2015, 08:36 AM wrote: - fans boycotting games
- ffa leaking documents
- glory last in a league
- glory youth team last

How do these persons keep their jobs? Time for ceos to hand their resignations. Time for board members to resign. Time for incompetent persons running npl clubs to resign. Time for coaches that loose every week to resign.

We need a big change, we need persons who have strong European pedigree to run our beloved game and coach. IMO, I only know 2 persons living in WA that can easily replace ceos and coaches.

Everybody resigning would lead to chaos.

Bringing in more European influences (why only European?) assumes that knowledge is the only thing that matters. An understanding of, and relationships within an Australian context is arguably more important for delivering change than another new system or more new ideas.

I also like the fact that glory last in league is seen as a sign of national crisis in football administration. There has to be a last placed team in the A-League?

Forza Juve
Advanced Member
Forza Juve
Advanced Member

07 Dec 2015, 03:44 #4

- ffa leaking documents
- glory last in a league
- glory youth team last

Most clubs advertise their AGM's, I didn't see you at ours....????????????

It's easy to critisize, when you don't attend regular meetings every week, all after hours of course, as most of us work as well.

Make your point, but no need in grouping everyone in one box.

Mull
Advanced Member
Mull
Advanced Member

07 Dec 2015, 05:06 #5

- ffa leaking documents
- glory last in a league
- glory youth team last

Mate there's a fair bit going on in ya post....you've had a crack at FFA,FW,PG and the NPL and whilst I don't disagree with ya for the most part....I think goin forward each one of those organisations have to be assessed individually.
My opinion for what it's worth is as followed........

FFA......should probably relinquish control/admin of the Aleague and all state league bodies....their mandate should be solely the health of the Socceroos. ;)

Mull
Advanced Member
Mull
Advanced Member

07 Dec 2015, 05:13 #6

fortheWAgame @ Dec 7 2015, 08:36 AM wrote:
- glory last in a league
- glory youth team last

FW......instead of COMPETING with or treating WAFL/AFL as the ENEMY ,start to embrace/adopt their model.....to do so would require a clean out of the excecutive office and an installation of WA people with excellent reputations/records as players and /or communicators...........
People who understand the IMPORTANCE of integrity....Rick Charlesworth,Peter Bell,Wayne Clark,Glen Jakovich , Brian Dawson....when these blokes speak,people listen....they well educated...they understand how sports should be played ,particularly in W.A, And what West Australians expect....ie..reward on merit/pathways,representative squads ,etc...the money is there for the high end admin ,I'd rather share it between those names ....than the ones we given it to as it stands.
Unfortunately the current DICTATORSHIP has lost the confidence of the greater footballing community,which is impossible to gain back...way to many backdoor/behind the scene deals ,dodgy-personell-through-association-appointments(which in turn gives clubs the green light to do likewise),policy on the run and knee jerk reactions..
In my opinion they have also failed to market the sport properly and meaningfully,a five minute wrap of NPL goals each week and basically Fuckall for state league prem/div2 digitally is EMBARRASSING.....
:)

Mull
Advanced Member
Mull
Advanced Member

07 Dec 2015, 05:33 #7

- glory last in a league
- glory youth team last

How do these persons keep their jobs?  Time for ceos to hand their resignations.  Time for board members to resign.  Time for incompetent persons running npl clubs to resign.  Time for coaches that loose every week to resign.

We need a big change, we need persons who have strong European pedigree to run our beloved game and coach.  IMO, I only know 2 persons living in WA that can easily replace ceos and coaches.

PG....it is what it is with this lot.....to many problems at all levels to fix...and everyone will have their own opinions...
I'm not gonna go into the owner and his role in the clubs demise...but suffice ta say...ya get the feeling that now it's all about riding out the storm in true businessman/investor fashion...at the end of the day I think it's peanuts to him win loose or draw....he can ride out losses it's more a hobby horse to him.
I believe they made a conscious decision to gamble on the salary breaches ....and had it not been for disgruntled former employees probably would of got away with it....whatever...if you ain't cheating you ain't trying right?So no hard feelings there from my point of view.
However the recruiting is appalling ....and their use of the NYL (essentially their reserves )is pathetic.Aswell as their use of NPL/state league Prem comp.
The organisations inability to train a midfield group....Beit protecting the ball,passing the ball,give and goes,switching play,spacial awareness,turning out,use of their non preferred side of their body etc...etc....is not at the level required and on top of that they don't score anywhere near enough goals from this area of the park.They have (generally speaking)always had excellent GKs....
For me...looking back ....it all went tits up that time Harnwell and that kiwi kid had a punch up on the pitch....from that time on ....things have never been the same.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aySt8lArSOg

There's been PR disaster after another......and EVERYONE whose been involved in those COCKUPS have to take responsibility on the way they handled themselves.Man managerial skills from everyone past and present since Fergie has been SHAMEFUL!And I don't give a shit what the circumstances are! :lol:

Mull
Advanced Member
Mull
Advanced Member

07 Dec 2015, 05:50 #8

NPL...The NPL like many have said before is simply a rebadge ,a freshen up of the product....I believe it was hastily introduced to recover the cost of a failed World Cup hosting bid.
When I compare the standard between the two premier league competitions it is not to dissimilar.The NPL league is LITTERED with players who make UNFORCED errors and / or can't complete team moves!!....
There is very little difference .....I suspect the average age of the NPL 1st team is older....I think there is more preparedness to fast track 16s-21s into state league prem 1st team footy.....which is awesome....certainly something the NPL fail to do....most NPL clubs use of the 18s is shameful.
The NPL reserves competition have some real stale players in it....Players that will NEVER play 1st team football....but they are there blocking the identification /experience of younger players(that's a team coach issue ,not necessarily the fault of the reserves player) they have apparently adjusted the use of over 23 or 21 to four in the reserves but even four is to many.I really do think the 18 s comp should be merged with the reserves.
The biggest concern for me is regarding the atmosphere and attendances....apart from Balcatta/Armadale in the NPL and Rockingham/Forrestfield in the SL the attendances /atmosphere isn't great....BUT.....those clubs I mentioned I've always enjoyed the day!Those clubs do it better than most! :D

Mull
Advanced Member
Mull
Advanced Member

07 Dec 2015, 06:16 #9

How do these persons keep their jobs?  Time for ceos to hand their resignations.  Time for board members to resign.  Time for incompetent persons running npl clubs to resign.  Time for coaches that loose every week to resign.

We need a big change, we need persons who have strong European pedigree to run our beloved game and coach.  IMO, I only know 2 persons living in WA that can easily replace ceos and coaches.

***Forthewagame.....
Because of the heavy reliance on VOLUNTEERS .......club presidents ,coaches etc...etc...find it very difficult to decline THE VOLUNTEERS (or presidents /committee members from other clubs)requests for OPERTUNITIES and that's when bullshit /underhandedness (combined with unskilled people holding important positions )begins.......This leads to decisions that are illogical and simply don't make sense to anyone .Rewarding players on merit goes out the window ,and people with good morals/integrity who are good players...people who mind their own business are delisted out of clubs....(combined with TDs/coaches/presidents with spiteful personalities)
BIAS and FAVOURITISM is what the sport has become renown for..(how many times you heard someone say "it's not what ya know it's who ya know")and that affects consumer confidence....
When CONSUMER CONFIDENCE is low the BUSINESS SPONSORS disappear....when the SPONSORS disappear the MONEY dries up....and when the MONEY dries up its left to people who wouldn't get a job in football anywhere else in the world to FILL VOIDS basically do it for free...Thats why we don't have good quality Spanish/Italian/Croatian/Portuguese /Slav /German /Dutch coaches....they not gonna do it for nothin!

All we left with is BRITISH who will do it for peanuts.....except the GREEDY POMS they go straight for the TD positions .Some are on as much as 25 k a year.(TDs)Then their are others on no were near that!(TDs)

The only thing that keeps the product alive......is the product itself!!......IT always has and always will!

;)

fortheWAgame
Advanced Member
fortheWAgame
Advanced Member

07 Dec 2015, 07:14 #10

I am surprised by the reaction of some. I am a supporter of our beautiful game but I realise that extreme changes need to occur. I miss the nsl and the good old state league days, ten years ago.

Whether we like it or not, europe is the best football continent. We are lucky in WA to have a few europeans living among us that have the knowledge and understand the Australian context. I only know of 2 but there might be more. We need to involve these persons to help us.

Mull, you are correct but your comments left a big chaos in my mind because as you said, there is so much that can be done to advance our beautiful game.