2018 Predictions

gazza
gazza

March 12th, 2018, 10:11 am #1

Let's see how far off I can get my predictions this year. Either way it is going to be a cracking year in Div 2 this season

Top 4

Gosnells - Impressive results in the night series will be a great chance to bounce straight back up

Wanneroo - Looked good in the game I saw in the night series. I think that they would have learnt from last season, will need to avoid the drop off in the second half of the season. If they can they will push any team all the way.

Kingsway - Second season for Normo at Kingsway. Will this be the season that he gets the result the club demands? Judging by night series results they will be a formidable side this season. 

Melville/MUM FC - A brand new facility coupled with a brand new name, this might just be the season that Gavin is able to get the best out of his players. With the massive junior base I expect big things from MUM in 2018 

Mid Table

Quinns - Always a hard place to visit, Quinns will pick up results against all sides. If they can retain all there young players from last year they will have another good season.

Canning - Relegated last season & haven't had the best of night series, looks like a tough year for this good club

Swan - With the exit of Matt DeBarro this might just push Swan along to play a better type of football, will it be winning football though?

Balga - A horrible season last year finishing a disappointing 10th. Night series has also been tough is this a sign of things to come or Will Aleks Vrteski be able to turn things around for the Balga out fit?

Bottom 3

Kelmscott - Wheels fell off at the end of last season, will that trend continue? Night series says Maybe, but we will see

Curtin - A bad season last year & a bad night series. Curtin might just be saved by one team below them???

Shamrock - It seems like it is going to be another tough, tough season for the once mighty hoops. Will they surprise everyone??

longterminjuries
Advanced Member
longterminjuries
Advanced Member

March 16th, 2018, 5:20 am #2

This is always fun to get totally wrong (haha)

Top 4
Kingsway: Normo to come out guns blazing this year. high expectations from them and club if players can listen they might do it.

Wanneroo - looked impressive in the night series, normally not a Wanneroo fan but seeing them play they looked fit sharp and being  well coached and a good group of players coming together.

Gosnells- a shame to see them relegated but can see them pushing to go straight back up.

Balga - Aleks has put together a fairly new team with mixed youth and seniors in the night series brought some average displays. If they can gel and players buy into it can be a dark horse and dangerous.

Mid Table:

Melville/MUM FC - Gavin is a good coach hopefully team produce some good results should be pushing a top 4 spot.

Quinns- Not sure with these guys. saw a couple games in night series saw them play some good football and then some scrappy stuff but do look reasonable squad.

Canning - been struggling last couple years in division one maybe a rebuild season ahead.

Swan - not sure with swan this year dont know much about them to comment.

Bottom 3

Curtin - dont know alot about them so just chucking them down here.

kelmscott -  Was last year a high for them so kept going or are they going to drop off i dont know???

Shamrock - who knows what visas these guys have got this year. If sign some good guys could be at the other end of table if not could be long season.

Guys please dont get your knickers in a knot haha its a wild guess and a bit of fun just in case you see your team near the bottom hahaha.

longterminjuries
Advanced Member
longterminjuries
Advanced Member

March 22nd, 2018, 2:15 am #3

This thread is boooommmmiiinnnggggggggg hahahah

SH0711
Advanced Member
SH0711
Advanced Member

March 22nd, 2018, 3:32 am #4

Unfortunately the forums are largely dead a general lack of interest in the wa game at the moment

I’ll do one for you based on watching only 2 night series games and previous history.

Gosnells
Olympic Kingsway
Wanneroo
Quinn’s

Balga
Swan
Kelmscott
Melville

Canning
Curtin
Shamrock

leicesterfan
Advanced Member
leicesterfan
Advanced Member

March 23rd, 2018, 8:29 am #5

First - Wanneroo: Very strong squad for Div 2, as shown in night series with victory over Gwelup, should come top convincingly, signing several Ashfield players      obviously helps. Corker leading the ship.

Second - Kingsway: Normo will have them gelling after a disappointing season. Surprising to see no big name signings..will they score enough goals?

Third - Gosnells: Picked up some freo players, will be top 3, but wont go as well as people are saying

...Huge gap between top 3 and the rest...

Fourth - Balga: Vrteski using his connections to pick up a couple of very decent players late on in the piece so should be " the best of the rest". 

Fifth - Quinns: looked very poor in the night series, but will scramble mid table somewhere as per every other year. 

Sixth - Canning - Cant comment on these, surely cannot go worse than mid table.

Seventh - Kelmscott - Almost made the 4 last year, wont be near the bottom but wont make the 4, no good pick ups.

Eighth - Melville - Making up the numbers as always, zero ambition

Ninth - Swan - looked woeful in the night series, looked to have some new players, all of whom were below par/amateur level players. 

Tenth - Curtin - dreadful in the one night series game i seen, cant imagine things will improve, always near the bottom, no ambition.

Eleventh - Shamrock - shouldnt be in the league, need players, enough said.

Player of the year - Ash Corker

Golden Boot - John Montrosso

First Coach sacked - Swan or quinns coach

Mull
Advanced Member
Mull
Advanced Member

March 26th, 2018, 1:53 am #6

^^^
Lol....What’s he like....

Nice appraisal....pretty much see it identical...