frenc11
Advanced Member
frenc11
Advanced Member

June 21st, 2018, 9:52 am #61

Fence sitter wrote: Heard Bayswater sacked their 16s coach and assistant coach. I thought the 16s were doing OK on the table compared to last year.
good luck trying to find a coach at this time of the year

frenc11
Advanced Member
frenc11
Advanced Member

September 9th, 2018, 9:18 am #62

massive fail by football west with the first half of season group system (white , blue and black ) and even worse fail for division system ( div 1 ,2,3 and div 4 ) there has been a total lack of interest by the kids not in div 1, with most teams have to field sides with players from younger age groups or forfeit altogether

Mull
Advanced Member
Mull
Advanced Member

September 10th, 2018, 6:29 am #63

frenc11 wrote: massive fail by football west with the first half of season group system (white , blue and black ) and even worse fail for division system ( div 1 ,2,3 and div 4 ) there has been a total lack of interest by the kids not in div 1, with most teams have to field sides with players from younger age groups or forfeit altogether
I’m not surprised in the slightest......not so much the first phase.....but the second phase is ridiculous....

Second phase should of always  been a two(2)league stage.....instead we got four(4) divisions ......

Junior FFAFWNPLWA take a bow.....

DROGBA.51
Advanced Member
DROGBA.51
Advanced Member

September 13th, 2018, 3:15 am #64

frenc11 wrote: massive fail by football west with the first half of season group system (white , blue and black ) and even worse fail for division system ( div 1 ,2,3 and div 4 ) there has been a total lack of interest by the kids not in div 1, with most teams have to field sides with players from younger age groups or forfeit altogether
I have to disagree completely with your post. As a coach of a junior NPL side, i can confidently say that every game played in the second phase has been a competitive game. Do i care that i am only competing against 5 or 6 teams at the moment? Absolutely not!! They are playing in their division on merit, not because they have senior NPL status or because they reside in the North/South of Perth.

My concern as a coach is the development of my players and team as a whole. Now IMO - the best way of doing that is by playing competitive games week in week out, not getting spanked 8 or 9-0 every week!

Mull
Advanced Member
Mull
Advanced Member

September 13th, 2018, 4:44 am #65

They might be playing in their division on merit......
But are they playing in the correct competition to begin with on merit?....

Maybe those clubs (generally expansion clubs)consigned to div3 and 
4 could enter the metro competition after the first phase.....

Committees/Coaches/People /parents please understand , It should be a premier league......not a “working towards a premier league standard ”.....I think this gets lost on a lot of families who are in a position financially to afford the fees and thereafter the priviledge....but contributes massively to the mess.