C.W.
C.W.

October 11th, 2005, 5:36 pm #1

The case has no information.
Anyone know what battery this takes?

Thanks!
--Charlie

October 11th, 2005, 6:15 pm #2

So far all the Men's electrics I've seen take a 357.

John
John

October 11th, 2005, 6:59 pm #3

Thanks!
--Charlie
A Time Zone! I'm in agreement that it probably takes a 357 or AG10 or LR 44. But my question is where and when did you find the Time Zone? Is the Balance good in it? What a find.

Knut
Knut

October 11th, 2005, 7:16 pm #4

Thanks!
--Charlie
...the 357, LR44 or the 301/303 - all will fit. Nice one Charlie - got one just like yours with the blue dial, and it's one of my very favourite Electronics. Wear it with pride!

Knut

C.W.
C.W.

October 11th, 2005, 8:07 pm #5

Thanks guys, but I now have a different problem.
I happened to have a new 303 in my case, put it in, heard that beautiful Timex balance wheel moving, but no second hand movement! It's ticking away with no reaction from the hands.

"That's a Bummer Dude!"

grrrrrrrr.... Okay so maybe I'll have to wait a bit to wear it with pride.

--Charlie

John
John

October 11th, 2005, 8:25 pm #6

real quick. Are you sure the second hand is not rubbing the crystal and you may have some old "lube" holding the hands. The trick is to get the hands unstuck if it's a "lube" problem.Some people have recommended Ronsonol and some CRC cleaner.It may just take a little time if it has not been run in a while.

Bill T
Bill T

October 12th, 2005, 1:43 am #7

I happened to have a new 303 in my case, put it in, heard that beautiful Timex balance wheel moving, but no second hand movement! It's ticking away with no reaction from the hands.

"That's a Bummer Dude!"

--Charlie
303 and 357 are the same battery. The 303 is what originaly came in the watch.

Bill T

rob t
rob t

October 12th, 2005, 6:31 am #8

"That's a Bummer Dude!"

--Charlie
I think there are diference in the battery that's available out there. Some are designed for low drain. I would guess the 'high drain' type would run longer. Can anyone verify this?

Regards,
Rob t

October 12th, 2005, 12:29 pm #9

My understanding of low drain vs. high drain is that low drain were optomized for long-term low drain use use without corrosion at the expense of maximum current drain, while high-drain were optimized for high drain, at some expense to best corrosion resistance in long-term use. Most sizes in quality brands no longer distinguish between high and low drain, and the watchmakers I've talked to about it consider it safe to use a quality high-drain battery in a low-drain application.

C.W.
C.W.

October 12th, 2005, 2:41 pm #10

real quick. Are you sure the second hand is not rubbing the crystal and you may have some old "lube" holding the hands. The trick is to get the hands unstuck if it's a "lube" problem.Some people have recommended Ronsonol and some CRC cleaner.It may just take a little time if it has not been run in a while.
Yeah, I even took the crystal off and gave a tiny nudge to se if it was maybe just lightly corroded in place. It looks fine inside, so it must be a gear thing going on. Wehn I get slightly more brave I'll take a look at the works.

The darn thing sets perfectly, the balance wheel runs like crazy, so it must be something on the order of; wrong stem, shifted works, something not meshing somewhere or maybe a gear corroded in place.

I have dissembled a dynabeat, which is sightly different I know, but it may give me a clue before I go tearing into this watch which is nicer and certainly a keeper.

--Charlie