Timex has a website in Polish.

Timex has a website in Polish.

Alan N.
Alan N.

September 28th, 2005, 11:27 pm #1

I know this is a vintage forum, but I think these have a bit of a 70s sort of look to it, and of all the Timex current stock, I might consider wearing them. It costs only 268.00 zl.

Timex: if you send me one of these for free, I'd review the watch.

http://www.timex.pl

technoguy
technoguy

September 29th, 2005, 1:14 am #2

If they had used the dial only of the watch on the right in the watch on the left and then put some gold tone accents on that left watch (hands, hour numerals/markers, bezel, crown, and center bracelet links), then they might just have made a watch I would actually want to wear!

I generally do not like dials that subdivide the seconds down into subseconds as is used in the dial on the left. That makes it difficult to see how the second hand moves from second to second and is a useless embellishment that can ruin the beauty of a dial.

technoguy

Bill T
Bill T

September 29th, 2005, 1:47 am #3

I know this is a vintage forum, but I think these have a bit of a 70s sort of look to it, and of all the Timex current stock, I might consider wearing them. It costs only 268.00 zl.

Alan,

I went to the site and typed in Automatic and there they were. They are listed for 490.00 something.

Bill T

Dorsey H.
Dorsey H.

September 29th, 2005, 2:05 am #4

There they are...the entire lineup of new Timex automatic mechanical watches...on the Timex Polish website. All the wishing and speculation we did here on the Vintage Timex Forum didn't convince Timex to market these watches in the U.S. or elsewhere in Europe. Major sigh here....who can understand the mindset at Timex?

Dorsey H.

EdH
EdH

September 29th, 2005, 2:13 am #5

Alan,

I went to the site and typed in Automatic and there they were. They are listed for 490.00 something.

Bill T
I accessed a Money Exchange program on the Net and entered the Polish price. It equals about $142.00 US dollars.

Pretty pricey, even for an upscale Timex.

Cheers,

Ed

Sevesteen
Sevesteen

September 29th, 2005, 2:25 am #6

There they are...the entire lineup of new Timex automatic mechanical watches...on the Timex Polish website. All the wishing and speculation we did here on the Vintage Timex Forum didn't convince Timex to market these watches in the U.S. or elsewhere in Europe. Major sigh here....who can understand the mindset at Timex?

Dorsey H.
Gruen's Swiss auto, with an ETA 2824 didn't sell at Walmart, and that's probably a good sign that Timex's won't sell in significant numbers either. Too bad they won't offer them direct, but then they'd have to set up warranty service for what would likely be a fairly small number of watches.

technoguy
technoguy

September 29th, 2005, 3:21 am #7

Dorsey H.
Maybe I'm wrong about what the actual demand of automatic watches in the USA is! I mean, everybody on this forum seems to want them and they seem to sell like hotcakes on the cable tv watch shows. But, could it be that the majority of "average" watch buyers just do not want to be bothered with the unreliability of the automatic watch? I mean that they are turned off by its inherent inaccuracy and the need to wear/wind it regularly to keep it from stopping and then requiring that any calendar days/dates be manually reset.

Of course, maybe we in the USA are the victims of some sort of marketing scheme or plan. Perhaps Timex only offers automatic watches where quartz watches do not sell well...like countries where it is difficult or impossible to readily obtain a fresh watch battery? Since watch batteries are plentiful in the USA and maybe not Poland, we are flooded with the Timex quartz watches and Poland gets the automatics! The more I think about this, the more sense it makes...

technoguy

Alan N.
Alan N.

September 29th, 2005, 4:50 am #8

It's hard to find an automatic Seiko in the US. The Seiko '5' model is an exception, but overall there are more Seiko autos sold overseas than in the US. If they sold here, they'd market them. But they don't.

rob t
rob t

September 30th, 2005, 1:50 am #9

In some country, Walmart/Walgrens/Savon/Target stores are not that known outside of the main cities. Battery availability is a problem. ( besides Seikos are known to be very reliable, even with little to no service- my aunt has a womens 1972 automatic, never been service, she uses it daily today).

I have an auto with very similar movement, probably the same manufacture-I'll see how it fare.( I have so many watches, even if one is very inaccurate, I would never know it.)

Cant wait to see these Timex autos- I'll probably get one (or two) just for heck of it.

Regards,
Rob T