Thanks to WiKi

Thanks to WiKi

Bill D
Bill D

October 5th, 2005, 2:19 pm #1

for the article on crystal polishing I got to thinking about other methods to try. Since I also build plastic models of race cars I thought about what I use for sanding them, went to the tool box and hit on another method. You can get flexible sanding sticks ( they look somewhat like your wife's emory boards) in hobby stores in 3 grades. Since they are flexible you can lay the crystal face up on a work surface and sand with the various grades of sticks. This way you don't need to worry about ruining the bezel. I tried it out with a badly scratched crystal and the result was great. A final polish with crystal clear polish and it looks like new!
Hope this may be helpful . I am not savvy enough to add it to WiKi but if someone wants to try it and add it, that's fine by me.

Bill D

October 5th, 2005, 3:11 pm #2

...just click the edit button at the top, and add your info to the article in the appropriate place, click save. If you screw up you can either go to the history tab and revert to the previous version, or send me a message and I'll fix it.

...or click on the "discussion" tab, and make suggestions.

http://www.bluwiki.org/go/Vintagewatches

Bill D
Bill D

October 6th, 2005, 1:28 pm #3

OK Dave you convinced me. I made an addendum to the crystal polishing section and included a photo of the sanding sticks I was talking about.

Bill D