Something vintage and something newer (relatively)

Something vintage and something newer (relatively)

Jose
Jose

September 28th, 2005, 12:17 am #1

Here is something I just received in the mail.The mechanical is what I just received, and the Quartz has been in my collection for a few years now. Hope you guys enjoy the pics. Hope it works. Waiting for one more vintage part to arrive in the mail. Will post pics of it when it arrives. It is something I have never seen on a Timex watch, but it is still sealed in the factory container, so I know its genuine Timex. Oh and I was in touch with our old friend Semus and he said he sends his regards. Here goes... http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/type21970 ... .dir=/b79d

RonD.
RonD.

September 28th, 2005, 12:22 am #2

Hey Jose, that is a totally cool Timex. I have had many of them, but they all had bad dials.. you found a good one.

The good thing about that watch is it uses a ladies movement. Timex put them in the thinner watches. If it doesn't run, you won't have any trouble finding a replacement movement.

Ron

Jose
Jose

September 28th, 2005, 5:20 am #3

I never thought about it having a Ladies movement in it. Now that you pointed that out, your right. I always see alot of womens timex's out there. This is my first Timex with this size movement. I just got it so it will be interesting to see how it runs.