Omega Dynamic lookalike?

Omega Dynamic lookalike?

June 30th, 2005, 10:29 am #1

Just won this of ebay, 1974 British made, I think it was an attempt by Timex to produce an Omega Dynamic style watch.

Regards Paul Groom AKA "pg tips" on rltwatches.co.uk/forums

rob t
rob t

June 30th, 2005, 2:39 pm #2

good find

Knut
Knut

June 30th, 2005, 2:46 pm #3

Just won this of ebay, 1974 British made, I think it was an attempt by Timex to produce an Omega Dynamic style watch.

I got an identical one ( 27852 02774 ) from Ray the other day. I agree that it looks like Timex wanted this one to hint towards an Omega Dynamic style. Looks cool and different!

Knut

rltbod
rltbod

June 30th, 2005, 4:09 pm #4

good find
wound her up this morning at 11 am BST and now at just after 5pm it's bang on give or take a few seconds, I'm very happy with this one!

June 30th, 2005, 5:20 pm #5

That case was unsually thick for the era in which this watch was made. My first thought upon seeing it was that it looks heavy enough to be bulletproof!

There could be a political / sociological message behind the case. In 1974 the USA had just pulled its last military forces out of South Vietnam and it looked like we had been victorious in stopping the spread of Communism there (the "fall" of Saigon was still almost a year away). Perhaps this watch's massive case design was intended to appeal to those who saw the USA as bulwark against totalitarianism in the world?

technoguy

Jack from Philadelphia
Jack from Philadelphia

July 2nd, 2005, 10:35 am #6

nt