OK....HERE THEY ARE HERE.....THE NEW AUTO'S....(more)

OK....HERE THEY ARE HERE.....THE NEW AUTO'S....(more)

EdH
EdH

September 30th, 2005, 12:38 pm #1

Hold on to your hats, Timexicans, I emailed Timex yesterday and got this reply. (This is the text of the email, along with the pix of the new Auto's that have been shipped to retailers)

"Dear Ed,

Thank you for your interest in our products. Here below are our automatic watch styles with their corresponding style numbers you cannot find in our website but maybe available to some stores in your area:

We do not have a listing of where particular watches go, since we ship them to distributors who then distribute them all over the U.S.

We suggest that the best places to look for TIMEX watches are Wal-Mart, and Target, closely followed by JC Penney, Sears, Mervyns and Kohl’s.

I hope this helps. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Timex Customer Service.kc

Kate"

Hope this get's your "balance wheel" turning today. I'm excited and will start shopping the stores Kate suggested.

Have a super weekend, Timexicans.

Cheers,

Ed

Jose
Jose

September 30th, 2005, 8:40 pm #2

I just got back 2 watches that I sent to be serviced, and when I saw your post about the Auto Timex's, was more excited to hear your news. I'm over the 2 I just received and am ready to go look for those Timex's. Thanks for sharing the info Ed.

Dorsey H.
Dorsey H.

September 30th, 2005, 9:03 pm #3

Hold on to your hats, Timexicans, I emailed Timex yesterday and got this reply. (This is the text of the email, along with the pix of the new Auto's that have been shipped to retailers)

"Dear Ed,

Thank you for your interest in our products. Here below are our automatic watch styles with their corresponding style numbers you cannot find in our website but maybe available to some stores in your area:

We do not have a listing of where particular watches go, since we ship them to distributors who then distribute them all over the U.S.

We suggest that the best places to look for TIMEX watches are Wal-Mart, and Target, closely followed by JC Penney, Sears, Mervyns and Kohl’s.

I hope this helps. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Kate"

Hope this get's your "balance wheel" turning today. I'm excited and will start shopping the stores Kate suggested.

Cheers,

Ed
Wow Ed...finally. Thanks for your efforts with Timex. There's no doubt in my mind that I'll eventually get one of these just because they're a "Timex". I had just about given up hope of ever seeing any in the U.S.

Dorsey H.

EdH
EdH

September 30th, 2005, 9:39 pm #4

IT'S A TIMEX!! As I sit here, wearing my 1959 Timex Automatic (One of 5 vintage Timex Auto's I now have in my collection) I can only imagine the excitement and pride of wearing a brand new, 2005 Timex Automatic. WOW, WOW and TRIPLE WOW!!!

Can't wait to get one on my wrist.

Cheers,

Ed

RonD.
RonD.

September 30th, 2005, 9:48 pm #5

"Dear Ed,

Sincerely,

Kate"

Cheers,

Ed
.. but do we have any indication as to the quality of these? I had purchased a new automatic skeleton watch a few years ago, and although it looked nice, the movement was still pretty cheap. Where are the movements being produced?

Now wouldn't it be great if the new watches had the same "run's forever" movements as the oldies?!

Ron

Knut
Knut

October 1st, 2005, 7:51 am #6

...very stylish indeed! A nice blend of modern and vintage design. As for the movement: expect a Chinese made 22 jewels movement with a Power Reserve indicator. I have no idea of the quality of these movements, but hopefully Timex will have modified them somewhat. I will of course get one myself - after all it's a Timex. I still have questions about the quality of the movement though... If it is priced at less than $80-90 I guess it's a fair price. I just got a brand new Seiko 5 Racer Automatic with the dependable 7S26 movement ( 21 jewels ) for $32, and to be honest I think the movement in that watch is a tad better than the Chinese 22 jewels.

Still, I am very happy that Timex finally gets on the Auto-wagon. They do look stunning, and I would be proud to wear one!

Knut

technoguy
technoguy

October 1st, 2005, 9:10 am #7

"Dear Ed,

Sincerely,

Kate"

Cheers,

Ed
The basic watch is...okay. I like the exhibition window on the back and the screw down crown. The power reserve indicator is a plus. I could pass on the extra (and somewhat distracting) GMT dial at noon though.

I probably will not be rushing out to buy one, however. I want to see more dial/case/bracelet styles first. So far, I have not seen any two tone models which is what I am really looking for. Also, I'm a little turned off by the high price. I had expected Timex to deliver the watch with a below $100 price tag. For the price they want, I would have to see exactly what I want before I whip out the credit card.

technoguy

RonD.
RonD.

October 1st, 2005, 10:54 am #8

I will also be waiting to get a review from some of our other friends here before I plop down some $$ on one.

Ron

EdH
EdH

October 1st, 2005, 11:35 am #9

The basic watch is...okay. I like the exhibition window on the back and the screw down crown. The power reserve indicator is a plus. I could pass on the extra (and somewhat distracting) GMT dial at noon though.

I probably will not be rushing out to buy one, however. I want to see more dial/case/bracelet styles first. So far, I have not seen any two tone models which is what I am really looking for. Also, I'm a little turned off by the high price. I had expected Timex to deliver the watch with a below $100 price tag. For the price they want, I would have to see exactly what I want before I whip out the credit card.

technoguy
There is NO PERFECT watch.

BTW, Timex has some quartz designer models selling for $150.00. So if this Auto comes in under or at $150.00 it is competitively priced.

Either way, I'm getting one just for collection sake. If it turns out to be a "winner", all so much the better.

As for mixing metals....it's done every day. When I wear a gold watch, I still wear my stainless steel military service ID bracelet on my right wrist. No big deal.

Let's enjoy our watches, regardless of the color of the metal. After all, we may start a "new fashion trend".

Cheers,

Ed