More Stuff

More Stuff

Taz
Taz

March 2nd, 2004, 12:15 am #1

Here are a few watches that I just finished. I got another nice batch.

I have two of these. They are really nice.

This timex is a combination of two different Timex watches. I also gold plated the entire band and case. Turned out really nice. Now belongs to the wife.

Also a nice Caravelle came along for the ride. Wife also took this one.

I think I made out givent the fact that I paid around $15. Have more in this lot and feeling lazy. Maybe I will post more later.

RonD.
RonD.

March 2nd, 2004, 1:12 am #2

Hey Taz,

Those are some great looking Timex watches! Did you do the gold plating yourself or pay to have it done? I have a few old Bulova tank watches that I would love to get replated.

Ron

Taz
Taz

March 2nd, 2004, 2:18 am #3

Yes I do all the case restoring myself. If you would like to see some of my work I can email some pics to you.

Taz

Paul Neupert
Paul Neupert

March 3rd, 2004, 11:55 pm #4

Taz-
Do you only plate your own watches or do you do it for others, too? I've got an Ingersoll (by US Time) Mickey Mouse watch that could stand a good re-plate.
Thanks,
Paul N.

Taz
Taz

March 4th, 2004, 3:49 pm #5

I haven't replated for anyone else. I mainly repair and replate gold cases. I just got equipement to replate chrome. It is more complex than plating gold. For gold you just need to get a high polish prior to replating. Chrome on the other hand has to be stripped; plated with nickle then chrome plated. If it is gold, I would be willing to do so at a reasonable cost. Until I become proficient at chrome plating, I will only work on my watches.

Jim

Taz
Taz

March 4th, 2004, 4:20 pm #6

Taz-
Do you only plate your own watches or do you do it for others, too? I've got an Ingersoll (by US Time) Mickey Mouse watch that could stand a good re-plate.
Thanks,
Paul N.

Paul Neupert
Paul Neupert

March 4th, 2004, 11:59 pm #7

Your watches look really nice. My watch is chrome plate, I'm afraid.