I FOUND THE PRICE LIST FOR THE NEW TIMEX AUTO'S..(more)

I FOUND THE PRICE LIST FOR THE NEW TIMEX AUTO'S..(more)

EdH
EdH

October 3rd, 2005, 4:38 pm #1

I was "Googling" this morning and discovered a link with all of the 2005 Timex product prices by model number and SKU.

The T2D9131, T2D9141 and the T2D9151 (the new Auto's) are listed. I think this is a dealer wholesale price list showing the SRP and the Customer Price.

For the Auto's it shows an SRP of $139.95 and a customer price of $80.94. (This must be a WHOLESALE price)

Anyway, this gives us an idea of the selling price for the new Auto's. I am sure that the discount stores will sell for less than the SRP. And, like everything else, it is subject to increase by the manufacturer.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ed

Knut
Knut

October 3rd, 2005, 5:24 pm #2

...what to say about those prces. I guess the SRP of $139.95 would be just that - suggested retail price. Very often ( IMO ) things never get sold at the SRP, so I think we could expect lower prices ( at least on the Internet ) after a little while. The customer price is most likely what the retailer/store would pay - I may be way off here...! Anyway, I was hoping they were a bit cheaper, but no doubt they will sell for the SRP at first when they release them. Thanks for posting those prices - excellent "Googling" Ed!

Knut

EdH
EdH

October 3rd, 2005, 5:44 pm #3

I talked to my contact with the Timex factory outlet store near my home. They discount Timex's everyday, EXCEPT for the new models, at first.

She told me that the Perpetual Calendar models were NOT discounted when first introduced. I suspect that the Timex Auto's will NOT be discounted at the Timex factory stores at first, either.

I also suspect that the Wal-Marts, Targets, Sears, etc. WILL discount the price when they are offered for sale in their stores.

BTW, has anyone discovered a retail store that has the new Auto's in stock? If so, please post and let the rest of us know. I'm looking and checking EVERY day!

Cheers,

Ed

rob t
rob t

October 3rd, 2005, 11:31 pm #4

I was "Googling" this morning and discovered a link with all of the 2005 Timex product prices by model number and SKU.

The T2D9131, T2D9141 and the T2D9151 (the new Auto's) are listed. I think this is a dealer wholesale price list showing the SRP and the Customer Price.

For the Auto's it shows an SRP of $139.95 and a customer price of $80.94. (This must be a WHOLESALE price)

Anyway, this gives us an idea of the selling price for the new Auto's. I am sure that the discount stores will sell for less than the SRP. And, like everything else, it is subject to increase by the manufacturer.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ed
I find it a little high at $135. I guess I'll narrow my selection from 2 to one. Hopefully, the price do come down so I dont have to sell too many of my other watches to finance the purchase.

Regards,
rob t

Dorsey H.
Dorsey H.

October 3rd, 2005, 11:55 pm #5

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ed
Hi Ed,

Thanks so much for posting that price list. I spent part of my day off today (yes...I work weekends and my days off are during the normal work week) scouring my local retail establishment trying to get a lead on the new Timex autos. The managers at my local Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target and Sears all went through their advance materials for Timex watches. Sadly none of them even knew about the new autos and none of their distributors have given them notice of the pending arrival of the new models.

I guess I'll have to just hang in here and wait for the saga to unfold. Hopefully some of them will eventually trickle down to my local retailers.

Dorsey H.

C.W.
C.W.

October 4th, 2005, 6:12 am #6

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ed
New Sieko Kinetics are $300+
Under $200 for a Timex Auto? You bet!

--Charlie

Bill T
Bill T

October 5th, 2005, 3:42 am #7

Hi Ed,

Thanks so much for posting that price list. I spent part of my day off today (yes...I work weekends and my days off are during the normal work week) scouring my local retail establishment trying to get a lead on the new Timex autos. The managers at my local Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target and Sears all went through their advance materials for Timex watches. Sadly none of them even knew about the new autos and none of their distributors have given them notice of the pending arrival of the new models.

I guess I'll have to just hang in here and wait for the saga to unfold. Hopefully some of them will eventually trickle down to my local retailers.

Dorsey H.
Dorsey, I also looked at some of the big stores in the Chicagoland area and came up with nothing. My guess is that they will be on the selves by late November (Just a guess).

Bill T

KSR
KSR

October 7th, 2005, 12:05 am #8

New Sieko Kinetics are $300+
Under $200 for a Timex Auto? You bet!

--Charlie
Timex's (and few other watches) ever sell at list. I bet that you see the autos selling for $100 or less not too long after introduction.

No luck finding them around here either. But I never have much luck finding various Timex models in stores around here. They make probably twenty or more models of Reef Gear watches, but I've never seen more than one or two models in stores around here. I bought the one I wanted online (fantastic, well-made watch #58891).